LexisNexis Risk Solutions in Mumbai, is looking for a lead data analyst to lead a team of 3-4 data analysts. This individual would apply analysis and design techniques to address business needs in order to evaluate quality of the data. He would work with his team on different kinds of insurance data, profile it, analyze it and evaluate acceptance into our big data platform. Working with insurers to improve quality of their data and working with internal teams to refine requirements for acceptance is key part of this role.
Experience and Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering/Computer Science preferred but not required); or equivalent experience required
· 5-8 years’ experience in data management area with analytical competencies demonstrated.
· Ability to sift through data and figure out quality of the data using simple sampling techniques
· Ability to understand interlinkages between various data elements and figuring out logical mismatches within data
Key Responsibilities May Include:
· Business support through general data analysis and research.
· Communicate with customers (insurers) and influence changes to their processes for quality data capture
· Raise awareness about importance of good data quality and convince customers to provide good quality data
· Explain customers how they can easily extract good quality data from their systems using technical terms/lingo
· Use pre-designed queries to assess data for research purposes.
· General content matter subject matter expert.
· Investigate, track, and report general data issues.
· Under guidance of senior level Data Analyst, successfully complete new data onboarding and/or production data management functions as assigned/required.
· Conducts routine data review and verification and ensures corrections/clarifications are made in a timely manner.
· Utilize various data workflow management and analysis tools.
· Perform simple data problem solving within specific functional area or data type.
· Consult with project team and business liaison to identify and analyze needs.
· Attend fact-gathering sessions (when applicable), analyze and solve problems with some assistance
· Develops business oriented data dictionaries.
· Profiles the data to measure quality and integrity of the data collected.
· Develop systems specifications based on business rules, specifications and process flows
· Develop data flow, application and ER diagrams and technical specifications
· Implement tools, scripts, queries or applications for accessing and analyzing data and associated metadata.
· Write technical specifications for ETL processes or components.
· Design and develop training for end users
Technical and Interpersonal Skills May Include:
· Knowledge of development languages such as SQL, Unix, Linux, HPCC, etc.
· Experience with data modeling tools.
· Knowledge of various data types and formats including, but not limited to: XML, flat files, delimited, etc.
· Knowledge of data analysis tools and processes.
· Good research skills.
· Proof-reading skills to see how data and facts can be linked together to create more meaningful conclusions.
· Ability and desire to learn new processes, tools, and technologies.
· Good attention to detail.
· Influencer and good communicator
· Mastery over English language (oral and written) and pleasing personality
· Excellent understanding of the organization goals and objectives.
· Highly self motivated, ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
· Extensive experience working in a team oriented, collaborative global environment.
· Lead a small team and manage direct reporting resources
· Exceptional customer service orientation.
· Good understanding of project management principles.
to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.