Jan 30, 2018
Non-Japan Asia-India-Maharashtra-Mumbai (MSA)
Morgan Stanley is one of the world’s largest diversified leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. It serves as the preeminent financial advisor to Companies, Governments and Global Investors.
Corporate & Funding Technology (CFT) provide technology solutions to Client Financing and Clearing business, Funding and Finance Technology. The group is responsible for developing Finance applications for a diverse set of businesses and supports Finance Controllers globally.
We are a seeking Database developer to join Morgan Stanley's Product Control team in Mumbai. The ideal candidates will have strong database (preferably Teradata but not must) and ETL development skill. They are expected to have experience with data modeling, data warehousing, data migration and performance tuning. The function requires candidates who are self-sufficient in the provision of design, development, and testing. This position collaborates with colleagues around the globe. The ideal candidates should be Database developers with a minimum 5 years’ experience, preferably in the financial services industry. The job will involve partnering with different teams within the organization in carrying out the above mentioned duties. It is essential to have excellent written and verbal communication in addition to good planning and organizational skills
Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Function as Database/ETL developer.
- Undertake performance turning and troubleshooting.
- Data modeling.
- Database programming
- Follow change management, deployment and process/procedure documentation.
- Establish and maintain communication with key players.
- Good working experience with any DB (Preferably Teradata)
- ETL and Data warehousing concepts.
- Experience in the application development lifecycle
- Experience in developing Unix shell scripts.
- Must be familiar with developing stored procedures, triggers and performance tuning.
- Good understanding of database design, development process, understanding of business requirements, good communication and co-ordination skills
- Strong SQL skills including the ability to rewrite complex queries.
- Experience on Autosys, Perforce.
- Production support and troubleshooting skills
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative thinking to solve challenges.
- Integrity & ownership, good team player
- Ability to work under time and resource dependencies and constraints
- Ability to find simple and effective solutions
- High degree of motivation to expand technical and business knowledge
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and work with remote teams.
Experience – 5-6 years
Location - Mumbai