We are seeking a Tax Experienced Associate for our Central, IL offices. As a Tax Experienced Associate, you will provide tax services to clients, with a primary focus on developing expertise within a specific industry. You will utilize your accounting background to assist in all stages of an engagement or project; most commonly review engagements, procedures engagements, or basic tax issues, providing support and leverage to seniors and others.
- Supports multiple client engagements on time and within budget, identifying issues and communicating progress and audit results to supervisors.
- Prepares and reviews tax returns with the tax team. Handles routine client tax questions and works with client to collect necessary information for tax return completion and compliance.
- Completes tax related research and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- 1+ years of experience in a tax role with a public accounting firm
- General knowledge of accounting principles and/or regulations impacting each engagement or project, financial markets, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Proficient with Microsoft (MS) Windows and Office products.
- CPA-eligible preferred