Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For four straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
What You Will Be Doing
- Participate in the creation of sales strategy and tactics and takes ownership of technical responsibilities within customer accounts.
- Assisting customers with evaluations and benchmarks, system configurations, and system installations, best practices etc.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management in helping to define product requirements and usability.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, and competitive storage offerings in the DAS, NAS and SAN product spaces.
- Introduce a new product in a well-defended territory, and work closely with support and engineering to help troubleshoot and resolve potential issues.
- Pursuing “install base opportunities” and “greenfield opportunities” by working with existing Pure sales teams and your local AE.
- Being the SME person for in the region, perform TOI to the existing Pure sales team, as well as working with the partner community.
- Assist with product deep dive presentations and expertise to existing Pure sales teams in the region.
- What You Bring To The Team
- 10 years minimum industry experience with supporting the sales of enterprise storage, networking or systems solutions to a combination of large enterprise accounts and data centers.
- Deep hands-on technical skills with a broad industry experience in different technologies, example PERL, python, Bash, PowerShell, JSON, REST API’s, XML, HTML, S3 and Swift etc.
- Deep understanding of Networking (Ethernet, TCP/IP, VALN, DNS, MLAG, LACP, TCP/UDP etc.)
- Thorough understanding of the architecture, design and implementations of multi-tiered client/server and web-based computing solutions
- Preparation and delivery of technical product and architecture presentation
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN)
- Familiarity with workloads in Rich Media, Data Analytics and Technical computing, such as Gaming, Imaging, Analytics, Genomics, Simulations, SW Dev, EDA etc.
- Linux and Windows OS, NFS, SMB, HDFS file systems, and UNIX distributed network environment
- Installation/configuration of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, storage subsystems architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures, windowing systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our team poured their heart and soul into Pure's first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they're doing we offer a number of perks and benefits.