Senior Machine Learning Applied Researcher
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology is transforming industries and society. IBM Ireland Lab plays a key role in developing and supporting IBM’s technology in Cloud, Analytics, Mobile, Social, Security and Cognitive computing. This cutting-edge technology is helping the world make things in new ways. Come and help change the world by joining IBM Ireland Lab at our 100 acre Technology Campus in Mulhuddart, Dublin 15.
The current opportunity is a role with the Innovation Exchange who promote a fresh and energetic approach to innovation, creativity and solution architecture. An approach that is borne out by many active projects within our team that have yielded several success stories to date. The principles of collaboration, knowledge sharing and leadership are promoted within our team and are the foundations that enable motivated individuals with diverse skills to function as part of a highly productive and innovative team.
We are currently looking for a suitable candidate to be part of an innovative and ambitious team with a prestigious group of academic and industrial European network of partners. The objective is to
• Make a major contribution towards the area of urban analytics with the aim of building new machine learning models utilizing a significant number of spatio-temporal datasets to deliver novel insights in cities.
• Exploit and deliver bleeding edge innovation in the areas of big data processing, machine learning, data analytics and urban computing.
• The ultimate objective is to enable the security agencies to have an oversight on the dynamicity of crowd patterns and abnormal behaviours for the sake of public safety in cities.
A person who can demonstrate leadership, identify gaps in the state of the art and is a self-starter is required for this role. A solid knowledge and relevant experience on Machine Learning is required ideally with an experience in using spatiotemporal or image datasets. The successful candidate will work with team members to share his/her knowledge, experience and ideas to deliver solutions from IBM side to the project. Proven ability to manage and lead projects to strict deadlines and excellent communication skills and ability to interact with various levels of stakeholders are essential. The successful candidate is expected to publish novel algorithms at the top-tier ML conferences and journals, such as KDD, TIST and TKDE. A high level of initiative and personal drive is required as this will be an environment where you will be joining the project at ground level and helping to lead the design and shape of technical solutions as well as implementing them. Excellent verbal and written communication is required with fluency in English as well as report writing and documentation skills.
• PhD holder in computer science or related field with at least three years professional experience in Machine Learning/AI and statistics.
• Track record of publications in machine learning / artificial intelligence domain.
• Significant experience of incorporating ML & AI concepts into product/service solutions with a focus on deep learning.
• Solid experience in using Python numerical and scientific libraries.
• Experience in sharing data science/machine learning experiment results with both technical and business oriented people.
• Proven track record leading industrial projects with strict deadlines.
• 5+ years of demonstrated Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence experience.
• Familiarity with open source big data solutions, such as Apache Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka.
• Experience working on spatiotemporal datasets.
• Experience in big data processing.
• Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Theano, Torch or Tensorflow will be a big plus.
• Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art through a strong publication record, e.g. TKDE, TIST, KDD, SIGSPATIAL etc.
• Experience in mentoring and guiding other technical team members.
• Experience with EU projects such as FP6, FP7, or H2020 is a big plus.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Fixed Term - Long Term
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
See Job Description
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
See Job Description
New Collar Role