PRODUCT MANAGER – TERADATA MANAGED CLOUD
This is your opportunity to be a core part of the team that defines and delivers exciting new services within Teradata Managed Cloud Business Unit. Teradata is the world’s leading data warehousing and big data organization and has embarked on an exciting journey to build and deliver the industry’s highest performing data warehousing and analytics cloud offerings. Today, some of the largest and cutting edge companies run their applications on our industry leading cloud infrastructure. Teradata managed cloud is focused on reducing the time to build analytics and big data warehouses to minutes. Teradata plans to deliver many more big data solutions and cloud offerings to customers world wide and do it on fully automated cloud infrastructure. We are changing the way that companies view and use big data analytics in the cloud and the Teradata managed cloud team is at the core of pushing the future of our technology and cloud platform!
The Teradata Cloud team is growing rapidly in several geographies, and is seeking candidates with strong technical product management experience in automation, platform level products or cloud services. This role will actively engage with Engineering, Product Marketing, presales, customers, Partners as well as internal Teradata product teams. We are looking for candidates who have a strong background and understanding of automation and cloud technologies, and As-a-Service delivery models. Product Managers are the P&L owners of their products and services and are responsible for defining, prioritizing, planning and driving the execution of the vision for their product lines. Product Managers must possess business acumen as well as engineering wherewithal in order to be able to strategize, drive and bring their product to market. Product Managers must work extensively with customers while working cross functionally with Product Marketing, Engineering, Sales, Corporate Marketing and Alliance Partners in order to successfully prioritize features and develop the products and solutions that our customers need.
• Drive new capabilities/features or services for Teradata Managed Cloud offerings.
• Engage with customers to evolve product requirements and be the “voice of the customer” in the product planning process.
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
• Define and drive the business plan, strategy, and positioning of the services and solutions
• Work closely with Product Marketing, Support, Professional Services, Sales and Operations to define the go to market plan and product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, sales tools and technical white papers
• Manage products through various launch phases and follow-on releases
• Interact with customers and prospects to define market requirements, and translate these requirements into product requirements that the engineering team can deliver within specification, on time, and within budget
• Create and deliver sales training for the direct sales force as well as partner sales forces and technical services and support teams
• Define and drive the business plan, strategy and tactical work with internal and external partners to enable integrations
• Represent Teradata at various industry events, conferences and internal forums
The successful candidate will be a tenacious, ambitious, self-starter with a passion for defining a scalable, extensible cloud service/platform and will serve as a strong advocate for our customers
• 5+ years work experience in software product management or technology lead in an enterprise software or SaaS company
• Experience with enterprise customers
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Superb verbal, written and presentation skills. Ability to team with and influence people at all levels across functions is required
• A team player with passion, initiative, and leadership ability
• Prior experience in enterprise and cloud management (IaaS, Automation, DevOps), platform, and/or SaaS a big plus
• BA/BS required; BS in Computer Science/Engineering, MS/ MBA preferred
• Travel up to 25%