Auto req ID 68979BR
Job Title Procurement Manager, Non-Fuels Retailing Thailand
Country of Work Location Thailand
City, State (if applicable) Bangkok
Work Location Bangkok
Shell’s presence in Thailand dates back to 1892 when the first barge containing Shell kerosene docked in Bangkok. Today, Shell is one of the largest and the longest-established multinational operations in Thailand.
Job Description Position Purpose:
The Shell Brand is one of the most esteemed and well respected in the Thai energy sector. Shell played a pioneering role in the advancement of the industry, from the establishment of refineries to a nationwide network of gasoline stations. The company has also helped to strengthen the talent base within the energy sector in Thailand
For more than 120 years of our operations in Thailand, Shell has been growing side by side with the country’s developing economy. We have been committed to developing products of quality and to preserving the environment. Our goal is not only to achieve business success but also to play an active role in helping improve society.
- Key relationship management & interface with the Retail Thailand Business with responsibility to provide pro-active strategic procurement and contracts management of all goods and services supplied by third party vendors within/and outside the country.
- Ensure effective, focused & efficient delivery of Procurement Category Strategies and Contract Management across the Retail Business for Thailand in the Non-Fuels Retailing (NFR) and Convenience Retailing (CR) categories.
- Provide strong commercial influence in the procurement of all NFR/CR goods and services for the business. Deliver excellence in services aligned to the NFR/CR market needs e.g. Supply Chain contract/project, Deli café, Local Tenders, Private Label, Contract Management, Supplier Fees and Site Partnering.
- Responsible for country T&R, Opex Savings, Revenue Cash-In, Incremental Revenue and Enterprise Value Contributions for NFR/CR category under direct responsibility.
- Develop commercially competitive contracting & procurement strategies for Shell TH Retail which meets the Business Demand while taking into account potential implementation of Global Strategies at local/regional level.
- Conduct tenders, evaluate bids & drive negotiations with Suppliers in accordance to the CMCP as an overall E2E process and ‘guidance’, including contract development and record keeping of related documentation.
- Ensure delivery & effective contract management while continuously drive enterprise value contribution, revenue cash-in and incremental revenue targets, as well as to identify new opportunities.
- Be responsible for the development of the NFR/CR category strategy, sourcing & contract execution, contract management and management of value delivery.
- Maintain sound understanding of the local supply markets in the country (and East countries), the cost drivers and the major suppliers in all NFR/CR categories. Assist Lead Procurement Managers & Category Managers in leading the implementation, establishing and maintaining the supplier relationship for the Non-Fuels Retailing (NFR) key contracts in the country and lead the contract management using category management tools to keep track of their performance and update Lead Procurement Manager on the progress.
- Lead the Supplier Fee negotiations for the “Interchangeable” segment of the FMCG and non-FMCG suppliers, based on parameter alignment with the market (including involvement in Strategic and Tactical Supplier Fees).
- Lead negotiate the new business opportunity such as Care/Car Wash project. The car maintenance and/or equipment items in the country, establishing the strategy, sourcing, contract implementation, and contract management including maintaining the supplier relationship for new business.
- Lead the process of ensuring that the appropriate level of post award Contract Management is developed, reviewed and executed for qualifying contracts.
- Focal for the East countries on the supply chain contracts, adapt/replicate TH supply chain business model to East countries.
- Ensure contract strategy supports Goal Zero Aspiration through implementation of robust Contractor Safety Management practices and alignment to Shell’s personal and process safety Goal Zero focus areas.
- Implementation of Contractor HSSE practices in close liaison with Contract Managers/Holders and Owners.
- Set-up, operate and manage procurement tools like Ariba, GSAP and manage HSSE performance through our HSSE Contractor Accreditation System (where applicable).
- Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal business partners (Shell Thailand Retail Business) and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. This may involve recommendations and/or constructively challenging the Business Demand and/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
- Support the Lead Procurement Managers in communicating with internal Retail business stakeholders. Ensure that the C&P function has one face to the Retail business
- Regularly and proactively engage with Retail Marketing team especially NFR/CR to understand their plans and requirements and ensure compliance with established procurement & category strategies, policies and procedures
- Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics (e.g. operations, cost, revenue). This would involve constructively challenging the Suppliers in terms of the contract delivery and performance.
Build and maintain strong network in the market, being fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities coming up in the market.
- Manage & Support the relationships, commercial negotiations, implementation providing a conduit between Shell and suppliers in the resolution of operational, supplier performance issues & conflicts
[People and Process]
- Ensure strong connect across the wider C&P Organization (e.g. C&P Ops team, GC C&P team, Centre of Excellence) to ensure continuous cross sharing and leverage of best practices.
- Ensure collaborative ways of working with Global Retail Category leads and Marketing Contract Manager.
- Lead or work with Procurement Managers, Marketing Contract Manager & Retail Business in implementing cost reduction initiatives, driving continuous improvements (CI) and local business projects.
- Provide coaching, support and guidance to other team members to ensure delivery of results where possible.
- Build effective working relationships with others and makes a constructive contribution within the immediate team.
- Ensure application of the E2E CMCP process, using commercial judgement and a simplification mind-set, understanding the difference between non-negotiable compliance elements and C&P operating practices, while always keeping enterprise business value in focus.
- Supporting Retail business in the country with the intention of improving operational excellence, data management, standardization, business assurances and ensure that all C&P activities are fully compliance with DS CMCP and that all Requisition to Pay KPIs are met.
Special Challenges (Complexity):
- Ability to engage & influence various groups of stakeholders to lead and deliver business commercial agenda for a sustainable cost structure with the flexibility to adapt to the complexity of Thailand business environment.
- Strong Commercial acumen and be a C&P advocate in the business (given the role requires a strong mix of commercial acumen, creative thinking and superior negotiation skills as some of the deals are breaking new ground. It should therefore appeal to someone who has developed some competence at this level, but who may not necessarily has done so in a C&P capacity).
- Supporting the delivery of contracts awarded, which includes developing comprehensive post award contract management plans to enable value maximization for the organization
- Concise and strong communication skills
Experience and Qualification:
Required Key Competencies:Business Partnering Analyze Markets and Cost Models Integrated Category and Sourcing Strategy Supplier Management Deal Making and Negotiation Post Award Contract Management Process, Systems, Information and Data Management Materials Management and Warehouse Operations
No. of Positions 1
Disclaimer Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Proven leadership skills, high integrity and ability to drive change.
- Strong procurement experience i.e. strategy development & execution, negotiations, contract & supplier performance management.
- Familiar with Retail business, preferably with sound understanding of the Retail Marketing business direction and strategy
- Strong business acumen. Proven track record of execution excellence, delivering results and strong customer focus
- Capable of leading and developing a team of C&P professionals
- Good leadership with strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to influence people across all levels (ability to lead and influence sometimes disparate teams, ability to break down barriers)
- Commercial experience including planning and executing negotiations. Comfortable with developing and challenging business cases
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and virtually (self-starter, able to work under their own initiative and problem solve)
- Team player
- MCIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) Qualification would be preferred but not mandatory
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Removal Date 11-Mar-2018