Roblox, Web Applications Engineer, San Mateo, CA
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet in your life. Community is the heart and soul of Roblox. Over 64 million active players engage on our platform every month. How cool is that?
Roblox is not just a game company and not just a social network. We are building the future of play and ever-expanding the universe where anything is possible.
We are democratizing the gaming world by inspiring people to play, socialize, create, and engage on one platform - across all devices - doing what they love.
- The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful.
- Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless - literally.
As a Web Applications Engineer, you will work on a cross-discipline team building world class features for the mobile and browser versions of the Roblox application shell. Roblox is a game development and distribution platform, social network, real time communications platform, real time bidding ads platform, ecommerce site, search engine, and cloud services provider all in one.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about building efficient systems that operate at scale across all of these domains. Our distributed backend system of microservices handles over 1.5 million transactions per second at peak and growing. Your role will be incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users.
- A Leader with experience supporting mission-critical applications on a large scale
- Expert in common web application security issues
- Effective with demonstrable skills with compiled languages such as C#, Java, C++, or others
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server, MySql, PostgreSQL or other database technology at scale
- Accomplished with HTML/CSS and its cross-browser challenges
- Passionate about CSS preprocessors such as LESS or SASS and CSS libraries such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Practiced in building responsive web pages and an interest in working within the presentation layer
- Have exposure to Memcached, Redis, or other caching technologies
- Trained with a modern web application framework (Ruby on Rails, php/zend, JSP, .NET)
- Help lead and build backend services across a large distributed systems
- Own writing unit and integration tests
- Define, identify and resolve performance issues
- Provide guidance to help define next generation standards on the backend web and service stack
- Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
- Working on unique projects that are seen - and enjoyed - by millions of active Roblox users every day
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
A rewarding 401k programFlexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks (Nom nom nom.)
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community (No autographs, please.)
- Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, role-play, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
- Roblox – Powering Imagination.