The BI and Strategic Analytics team at 8x8 is transforming the way the company does business.
The vision for this team is simple: provide insight and visibility into customers, prospects, partners, and competition - leveraging data, machine learning, and advanced analytics to help direct the company future and outsmart the competition.
Today, only a small percent of companies are truly “data-driven” in every aspect of their decision making - but 100% of the companies that thrive ten years from now will be data driven in the truest sense of the word. This change is not an easy one to make, anywhere - but 8x8 is proudly leading the charge. We are looking for smart, capable, and driven individuals with a problem-solving and positive attitude, to help us lead this transformation. Members of the BI team will themselves be “data evangelists” - helping to sell the value of sound data management and data-driven decision making across the company.
Responsibilities - the Data Scientist who fills this position will:
- Analyze complex data from various sources to build ML systems for sales, marketing and financial data, to support business decision making
- Develop and integrate learning models into the production environment
- Estimate the effort involved and skills needed from a machine learning perspective for a specific customer engagement
- Understanding industry processes and incorporate them in production solutions
- Maintain a high standard of quality, and adhere to best coding practices.
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with remote teams to ensure smooth delivery
- Be responsible for measuring and optimizing the quality of his/her algorithms
- Interface directly with internal customers, stakeholders, and cross-functional teams
Qualifications - Required
- Demonstrable experience with Data Science centered projects
- Deep Functional knowledge of relevant machine learning algorithms
- MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience (7+ preferred)
- Development experience with scripting languages such as Java, Python, and shell scripts
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and its subfields
- Experience with open-source ML/math toolkits
- Such as: scikit-learn, Tensorflow / Keras / Theano / Torch, etc.
- Experience developing solutions and putting them into production, with Amazon AWS.
- Ability to collaborate with the R&D team to develop new algorithms that are not available in popular toolkits.
- Experience with knowledge graphs, optimization, decision theory or signal processing is a plus.
- Experience developing automated testing solutions
- Experience with agile methodology
- Strong verbal and written communication; position will involve direct and significant engagement with internal stakeholders, as well as internal algorithm sciences team
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- High-energy, detail-oriented, and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment
- Strong ability to collaborate with a global development team
- Experience working with international development teams and internal customers
- Strong understanding of business processes
Qualifications - Preferred:
- Experience with ML APIs from IBM Watson
- Prior working experience with SaaS business model