About This Role:
Heineken USA Operations aims at strategically supporting business growth and delivering value through the operational execution of supply chain activities. Operations are responsible for all supply chain activity including demand forecasting, supply planning, inventory management, customer services and logistics.
The purpose of this role is to improve operational excellence with respect to inventory, service performance and serve as the hub for supply performance metrics. Partner with Supply Planning Managers to define, implement and achieve inventory strategies (safety stock settings, SKU service segmentation, destruction budget, cost to serve). Consolidate, review, and analyze national inventory trends, gather insights and drive necessary actions to balance service & costs.
The Inventory Excellence Manager will manage the operational indicators with respect to service, cost and inventory by creating a view of supply chain performance with forward visibility. Identify future supply and inventory issues for review and insight gathering. Work in collaboration with supply teams to assist in the determination of root cause and propose corrective actions.
The role will be required to achieve the following deliverables including but not limited to:
Effective ownership and execution of the inventory management for the Heineken USA. Including inventory plans, destruction budget, safety stocks target settings, minimizing transfers, reporting and analyzing gaps. These are the main areas of focus:
• Inventory Optimization: Assist Supply Planning Managers in developing and executing supply chain strategies to optimize inventories, particularly for Dutch and Mexican portfolio. Monitors the overall supply chain inventory (demand points, distributors) to respond effectively to the supply needs balancing between inventory levels and out of stocks. Review strategy and opportunities to improve demand point stock positioning.
• Supply Chain Inefficiencies: Works primarily with supply, demand planners, inventory optimization, breweries and distribution to reduce expenditures: storage costs, transfers, excess management and destructions. Review and analyse key issues creating inefficiencies at demand Points and Distributors (including Limited life items and Innovations) and propose actions for resolution.
• Scenario Management: Support scenario management and preparation in supply constrains positions (pre-builds, cronic out of stocks. Inventory scenario management. Single Point of contact for allocation management for non NPI items with extended supply constraints.
Ensures delivery of inventory planning metrics against defined KPI metrics
• Establish working capital annual plan objectives
• Tracks performance with KPI’s such as service, DOH, Excess inventory, aging, transfers, etc.
• Monitor and identify areas of improvement and generates action plans through a ‘review and resolve’ cycle to address any areas of sub-optimal performance, ensuring corrective action
• Assist by providing analysis to SPM in inventory and/or aging impact.
• In partnership with Supply, Demand, Brewery partners and Distributors, develop new processes and request technologies to more effectively manage excess inventory and obsolescence, with a focus on inventory issues and in achieving brands' DOH goals
• Collaborates with business stakeholders to Identify and resolve any critical issues impacting the business
• Support the supply chain organization via strategic projects related to inventory and service goals. Engage with project teams to evaluate various scenarios and the inventory impact of proposed changes within the supply chain. Ensure timely communication is cascaded throughout the organization.
Basic Qualifications & Requirements:
The role requires an experienced and highly driven forecasting professional with the necessary capabilities to ensure the successful delivery of the role requirements and deliver sustainable business value.
• Educated to Degree Level (Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Business, Finance or other relevant subject)
• 5+ years’ experience in Operations / Supply Chain within the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) Industry
• Extensive knowledge of planning, inventory management and forecasting
• Proven leadership working effectively on cross-functional settings
• Knowledge of Alcoholic Beverages preferred
• Exposure and Experience with Inventory Financial Reporting
• Strong supply chain analytical capability
• Strong character, willing to champion the right decision and not be easily dissuaded.
• Strong communication and relationship skills
• Ability to define, manage and deliver supply chain projects
• Ability to collaborate and work as a Team in a matrix organization
• Ability to explain complex process in understandable terms and translate complex data into accessible insights
• Ability to write business reports and undertake presentations
• Experience with production scheduling on both a tactical and strategic level in a multi-brewery environment.
• Knowledge of SAP or other advanced planning systems.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills (Access a plus)
• Advanced knowledge of Statistical Modelling
• IBF and/or APICS Certification, a plus
• Put Safety First
• Act as an Entrepreneur
• Collaborate through Trust
• Keep it Simple
• Learn, to Improve
HEINEKEN USA Inc., the nation’s leading high end beer importer, is a subsidiary of HEINEKEN N.V., the world’s most international brewer. European brands imported into the U.S. include Heineken®, the world’s most international beer brand, Strongbow Hard Apple Ciders, Amstel Light, and Newcastle Brown Ale. HEINEKEN USA also imports the Dos Equis Franchise, Tecate Franchise, Sol, Indio, Carta Blanca and Bohemia brands from Mexico. For the latest information on our company and brands, follow us on Twitter @HeinekenUSACorp, or visit HEINEKENUSA.com:
We Brew Experiences That Inspire Legendary Lives