Parkland Medical Center
Through our partnerships with The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart Institute (NEHI), we bring specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities. With convenient locations in Derry, Londonderry and Salem, we’re proud to provide all the care you need close to home.
Job Title: Social Worker / Eating Disorders Center
Department: Behavioral Health
Reports to: Program Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Summary: Plans, organizes, directs, defines and coordinates clinical services necessary to meet the legal, organizational, medical staff and regulatory agencies guidelines. Provide case management, education, group and individual therapy, and discharge planning. Performs community and educational activities.
• Conducts individual, group and family sessions for patients as indicated patient treatment plan.
• Facilitate identified support groups to meet the needs of patients/families as indicated by medical record.
• Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team.
• Participates in the QA process as evidenced by audits and attendance records.
• Participates in development of master treatment plans and updates.
• Attends patient treatment planning meetings and reviews on an ongoing basis.
• Active participation in the planning and execution of treatment regimes.
• Completes a psychosocial assessment within for each patient within designated time frame
• Participates in discharge planning and aftercare planning.
• Makes necessary contacts with community resources to ensure continuity of care.
• Plans and arranges admission to special care facilities as indicated by physician’s request/needs.
• Assures completion of continuing plan of care, and facilitates transmission of same to next level of care.
• Documents according to policies and procedures.
• Assures completion of patient outcomes on admission and discharge.
• Assures contact with family members when families are available.
• Documents all clinical sessions held with patient/family members.
• Performs other duties and special projects as required and or assigned by Program Director.
• Assist with referral development and community education activities
• Promotes internal and external customer satisfaction.
• Builds and promotes a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement.
• Attendance: works as scheduled and is compliant with Attendance and Tardiness Policy.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Required: Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited school of social work; CPI Nonviolent Crisis Intervention within 30 days of hire
• Preferred: LCISW, Two - four years in social services or case management; American Heart Association BCLS; experience with psychiatric patients a plus
• Thorough understanding of psychopathology, family dynamics, and milieu dynamics.
• Ability to implement multiple therapeutic techniques to meet patient goals and facilitate recovery process.
• A firm background in social service practice, eating disorders, patient aftercare and discharge planning.