Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs.
Consulting Systems Engineer CoreTech - Sophia Antipolis, France (EMSL1596)
Full Time Regular
Consulting Systems Engineer CoreTech - Sophia Antipolis, France
As a CSE in this position you will support EMEA+APAC sales activities as a strategic and high-level corporate technical resource for vital pre-sales engagements and key opportunities.
When joining the CSE CoreTech team, you will be based at our office in France and your main responsibilities will be to execute customer defined test-plans using market leading test systems available on our labs. Using your results and your technical excellence and presentation skills, your task will be to convince customers of our superior technology. The deliverables will vary from simple reporting to live demonstration using video conferencing calls or face to face customer visits at our Offices.
Other activities you will engage in are:
- Act as a Focal Point in pre-sales design reviews and serve as authoritative consultant to Field Systems Engineers by providing technical guidance and leadership.
- Participate with SE peers to lead the design and architecture of secure IP networks utilizing and leveraging all aspects of Fortinet’s product line to create superior solutions in competitive environments.
- Write whitepapers, tech notes, and other high-level technical documentation as required.
- Interface with Fortinet’s Business and Technology partners within designated technology discipline and distribute that knowledge to the field Systems Engineers.
On order to achieve this goal, you will need to have or acquire the following expertise:
- Core competency on the Fortinet CoreTech product line and technologies (Fortigate)
- Expert-level technical knowledge on networking and security:
· Switching, IPv4, IPv6, Routing (OSPF and BGP),
· Firewall/VPN; Access, Authentication, and Privacy
· State full inspection, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Intrusion Prevention, Content-Filtering and Application-level Security
· Knowledge over carrier technology and related protocols(LTE)
· Virtualization, SDN, DevOps experience will be positively evaluated
- Product knowledge of Fortinet’s key competitors
- Pre-sales experience (at least 5 years)
- Vendor experience
- International experience
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Network Security, and Application Security
- Strong presentation skills to executives & individual contributors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A self-motivated, independent thinker
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in network security industry, MBA preferred.