Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs.
Digital Communications Specialist (EMMK131)
Full Time Regular
Digital Communications Specialist
Location: La Défense or Sophia Antipolis, France
Fortinet is looking for a skilled Digital Communications Specialist for managing Fortinet’s social media channels and bring our social media presence to the next level in key markets In addition, this position will support the Communications team with PR agency management and be involved in broader PR initiatives.
Although directly part of the communications team, the Digital Communications Specialist will work closely with the broader marketing department and sales organization in order to help define an effective social media strategy that integrates with the country marketing plans and support sales promotion.
The ideal candidate is a go-to expert for all things related to social media in his/her current agency or marketing department with 3-5 years of experience in both B2B social media outreach and content development. As Digital Communications Specialist, we expect the candidate to be active on the main global social platforms, have knowledge of local platforms and be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies / social media trends. An experience in B2B media relations outreach would be a plus.
You must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, in English and be able to communicate our company’s views and messaging creatively, in a way that is impactful for a social audience. You must have highly developed interpersonal skills, and be versatile enough to cope with changing priorities and managing multiple tasks within compressed timeframes.
• Be the main interface to the corporate social media team based in HQ, PR and local field marketing teams in order to define and implement an impactful and effective our social media strategy on key markets and determine resulting priorities (organic and paid social media strategy)
• Manage all social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) including content creation, posting, execution, follower engagement and responsiveness
• Define and execute on an editorial calendar including developing blog content articles to drive website traffic and brand recognition
• Monitor the results of campaigns and recommend improvements to increase effectiveness
• Track international social media trends and share regularly with the marketing team, providing recommendations for improvement
• Create specific programs for our employees to amplify content
• Assist the PR team in PR agency management and broader PR initiatives
• Help develop content for different PR materials (press release, bylined articles, blogs, commentaries, etc) as needed
• Support admin tasks -- Posting press releases and articles to the newsroom, posting to social media aligned to PR campaign plan, report and share on weekly coverage…
Personal Qualities, Qualifications and Experience
• A bachelor's degree in communications/public relations, digital/social media, or similar degree
• 3-5 years’ experience in social media including content creation for business, running organic and paid strategy, working with social management platforms, working with social monitoring
• Some enterprise technology/B2B experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken in English.
• Excellent organisational skills: ability to juggle, prioritise and execute multiple tasks from start to finish and meet deadlines
• Writing and editing experience. Be able to quickly grasp complex technical and business concepts and express them in clear, simple language.
• Be energetic, motivated, creative with attention to details
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Note: please be prepared to show examples of the strategic and creative work that you are most proud of.