Tetra Tech GLS, headquartered in Marlborough, Massachusetts (http:www.tetratechintdev.com/) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Chief of Party (COP) position on a USAID funded program in Tanzania.
The purpose of this position is to provide professional architecture and engineering (A&E) services to assist USAID and Tanzania’s mission to design and manage a multi-sectoral infrastructure portfolio, including the development and implementation of power, transportation, and water infrastructure throughout the country.
* Oversee performance for all aspects of the project;
* Establish and maintain adequate resources to ensure that cost control, quality standards, and schedules are met;
* Select and provide technical and administrative direction;
* Ensure that all technical experts carry out technical requirements;
* Report to technical and contract personnel in accordance with USAID contractual reporting requirements; and
* Ensure quality and control methods in a consistent and transparent manner for all contracted tasks and functions.
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or related required;
* Master’s degree preferred;
* Professional Engineering (PE) license or similar registration required;
* Must have at least twenty-one (21) years of professional experience, including at least ten (10) years of experience as a senior project manager;
* Must have five (5) years of professional experience managing A&E design projects and/or providing construction management services in Tanzania or similar developing country context;
* Demonstrated high level organizational, communication, leadership, problem-solving and time management skills;
* Fluent in the English language;
* Swahili language skills preferred, but not required;
* Ability to live in and travel to project sites throughout Tanzania.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.