Product Design Engineer
Position : Design Engineer (Electrical/Electronic)
Location : Shah Alam, Malaysia
Job Scope & Responsibilities :
- Responsible for product development and evaluation accordance with process management, documentation and resource planning to deliver the products as set requirement independently.
- To engage and work with the Product Engineer, Supplier, ISC and external suppliers in the product development.
- To plan & lead a product development from product concept selection, design review, DFMEA, mould flow analysis, product
- performance and life span evaluation, product approval for mass production.
- Product knowledge in Wiring Devices covering mechanical switches, sockets design and development will be an added advantage.
- Experience and practiced DFMEA and PFMEA activities.
- To apply and practice Honeywell Best Processes and Procedures in the product development covering small New Product Initiatives (NPI), Value Engineering / Component Engineering (VE/CE), Current Product Improvement and Customization projects.
Created with SnapDesign EngineeringAnalyze DesignDesign InterpretationDocumentation Preparation
YOU MUST HAVE
- Degree level in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in major design projects from concept to manufacture
- Proficient in the use of Pro-E software
- Detailed knowledge of injection molding and metal stamping processes
- Understanding of Lean manufacturing and Design for Manufacture principles
- Good knowledge of relevant standards for Electrical Products
Must have well developed problem solving & analysis
skills. Experience of running an 8D will be beneficial
Must have knowledge of design for Six Sigma tools and
ideally Six Sigma green belt qualified.
Good understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and
Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal
and presentation skills, must be capable of communicating at all levels of the
A team player and must be capable of working with
multi-disciplined engineering team, cross functional departments with minimum
Knowledge of New Product Development quality tools such
as, Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA), 8D, Robustness Engineering, and
Must possess enthusiasm, resourcefulness, and attention
to detail Structured, methodical and logical approach.
Must possess a good command in English (written and spoken)
to facilitate frequent communication with global teams. Language skills in
Mandarin will be an added advantage.
Willing to travel; both local and overseas (20%).
- Good commercial awareness
- Manufacturing Processes: e.g. electronic and mechanical
assembly practices, plastic moulding etc.
- An understanding of electrical, electronic and mechanical
product line test practices.
- Quality-Function Deployment (QFD)
- Creating system and product design specifications
- Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) – at system, product
and process levels
- Product Acceptance & Reliability planning and testing
- Product certification planning & process management
- Job ID: HRD17892
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Kompleks Perusahaan LTAT, Jalan Pengapit 15/19, Batu 3 Industrial Estate, Shah Alam, SL 40000 MYS
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.