The primary role of the Transfer Pricing Analyst is to support Group Tax to review and implement consistent transfer pricing policies across BP.
The role will include but not limited to the following activities:-
- Preparation of Transfer Pricing documentation, implementing processes and procedures on a global and country specific basis.
- Working with Finance/Accounting teams to ensure that transfer pricing policies are fully understood and robustly applied, through review and implementation of joint processes.
- Work closely with the BP Tax’s Transfer Pricing Group to;
- Reconcile the Group’s transfer pricing methods and help to support the ongoing maintenance and implementation of the group’s head office recharge mechanisms and other intragroup transactions;
- Help maintain BP’s transfer pricing policies, and develop procedures and documentation, and customising these for specific transfer pricing regimes;
- Undertake benchmarking searches on available databases; and
- Where possible, proactively bring to the attention to the Transfer Pricing Group any deficit in policies and their associated risks and opportunities for tax benefits.
- Ensure the performance and documentation of internal controls in accordance with BP’s transfer pricing processes.
- Assist the development and implementation of specific transfer pricing projects, including working where necessary with professional advisors.
- To take a leading role in transfer pricing projects or special projects assigned, ad hoc transfer pricing queries.
- Act as secondary point of contact and interface for in-country tax advisor, BP Business and Finance.
- Assist in identifying and highlighting potential risks and issues from transfer pricing perspective.
- Analyzing financial data and performing detailed transfer pricing analysis.
- Assist in identifying and highlighting potential transfer pricing methodologies.
- Assist Business and Legal to develop new / maintain existing intercompany agreements.
- A university degree or professional qualification, in accountancy or its equivalent. A tax qualification is advantageous.
- Membership with the Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia or Australian &/or UK &/or US equivalent is advantageous
Essential experience and job requirements
- At least with 2 to 5 years post qualification TP experience
- Experience with IFRS &/or SAP is advantageous
- The ability to undertake review of group recharges with minimum supervision
- The ability to work with team members and other stakeholders to make a real difference
- The ability to identify and highlight issues/errors
- The ability to articulate the issues to Team Lead
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Minimal Travel Required
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Good knowledge of transfer pricing, corporate tax and accounting principles
- Analytical with good problem solving skills, adaptable to work in different environment and a team player
- Good communication skills are required to interface at all levels in the business community, with Tax and with external parties
- A proven ability to work as part of multi disciplinary teams and to build and maintain network within and outside Tax
- Takes ownership of and accountability of the work product
- Good command of English language, both written and oral
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.Global Business Services (GBS) is BP’s shared services organisation. GBS add value by standardising and modernising business activities, whilst maintaining a robust control environment and driving operational excellence. There are five GBS Centres globally, situated in Europe, Africa, Asia, America and ANZ and Central Teams across all locations as well as the UK and Houston. GBS Asia is GBS's global centre for BP Group Finance, Petrochemicals, Procurement and Tax and the regional hub for lubricants in the Asia Pacific region. We are an integrated and resourceful team, well connected with global partners and have an excellent track record in delivering and generating value for BP. We are a dynamic, high-skilled and diverse team of close to 600 professionals supporting Group Finance, Indirect Procurement, Tax, Global HR Services, Global Petrochemicals and Lubricants. Set up in 2009, we are a mature organization, looking to evolve to unlock the next tranche of value - beyond arbitrage and efficiency.All roles in BP Global Business Services offer some form of agile working to enable you to integrate your work and personal commitments. Talk to us about what agile working could look like for you.
Corporate & Functions