VP/SVP - Television Business and Legal Affairs Executive
Vice President or Senior Vice President, Television Business and Legal Affairs Executive
Read Full Description
* Analyze deal opportunities and formulate business strategies with respect to various scripted television development and production matters.
* Structure, negotiate and draft a high volume of scripted development and production agreements, including license agreements, executive producer agreements, writer agreements, director agreements, rights agreements and talent/test option agreements.
* Oversee production legal for various productions, working with a broad range of in-house personnel (e.g., creative, production, etc.).
* Develop and suggest policies and parameters in connection with various business practices.
* Advise senior management in connection with deal strategies and complex business and legal matters.
* Maintain relationships with key agencies, managers, and attorneys in the entertainment community.
* 7+ years prior experience at an entertainment law firm and/or major media entertainment company with substantial experience in scripted television development and production.
* Extensive and in-depth knowledge of negotiating and documenting entertainment scripted transactions with an ability to operate independently with minimal supervision.
* Must be detailed oriented and possess superior negotiation, drafting, organizational and time management skills.
* Solid working knowledge of guild and union issues and various entertainment industry customs and practices.
* Previously established relationships with key agencies, managers, and attorneys in the entertainment community.
* Must have a cooperative, positive, team-oriented approach.
* Ability to develop highly effective and productive working relationships with senior company executives.
* Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and succinct manner both verbally and in writing.
* JD degree from top tier law school.
* Admission to the California State Bar.