Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Manages all aspects of large scale and complex programs or initiatives from initiation to delivery, so the programs are completed on time, with quality, and within budget. Designs, communicates, and implements an operational plan for completing a program, and monitors progress and performance against it. Identifies, resolves, or escalates issues in order to minimize delays. Facilitates and manages the analysis of program requirements, identifies and understands the cost estimates, resources, and time required to complete the program(s), and ensures program goals and requirements are met within time, cost, and quality parameters. Acts as a liaison with other areas in the organization to secure specialized resources and contributions for the program. Conducts program meetings, and prepares regular reports to communicate the status of the program within and beyond the program team. Works with stakeholders and identifies and establishes priorities, allocates tasks, and coordinates project staff to meet program targets and milestones and ensures program is delivered to the internal and/or external client’s satisfaction.
What Part Will You Play?
- Manages programs with a span of influence that typically require working within multiple business segments and/or across corporate shared service resources, such as Software Development, Information Security, IT Development, Customer Service and/or Training, etc. May manage projects, on an infrequent basis, with a span of influence that typically require collaborating and working across the enterprise.
- Works across internal functional areas and with external stakeholders, and may work across the enterprise and/or with third party vendors to deliver a new product or solution. May interact with internal and/or external senior and executive leadership teams in order to provide status update reports and to escalate issues that need senior or executive level attention, etc.
- Manages programs that typically require making complex customizations, such as creating a new module of functionality within an application or making an enhancement to an existing framework; may need to obtain alignment across the enterprise for the development of a new solution in which there may be no functional internal SME available in the enterprise and no existing road map may exist. May also manage projects involved in a solution in a new country or location.
- Manages program plans in which portions of the solution exist or the required solution may not exist, but there is a need for a complex modification to meet the business requirement.
- Manages and monitors time, scope, and cost for the program based on the identified requirements. Not only identifies issues, but also anticipates issues that need escalation; may escalate issues to the senior or executive leadership team, but is competent to solve most issues.
- Collaborates, negotiates, and manages issues to resolution. Conducts conflict management with all levels internal and/or external stakeholders as requirements are identified, various issues arise, scope changes are requested, etc.; may conduct multiple iterations of feasibility analysis and have further communication which includes negotiation, conflict resolution, and problem-solving with internal and external stakeholders due to projects having the potential for varied and complex scope change(s).
- Gathers program sizing information, from appropriate teams, and ensures all programs are properly and accurately estimated and timely billed; monitors and tracks to the budget; acts as a mentor to less experienced project managers to assist with the financial responsibility of the job. May oversee the creation and monitoring of budgets and challenges them as necessary.
- Completes and reviews monthly reports for all programs assigned, and provides feedback and recommendations regarding program budgets; identifies opportunities to increase program revenue through the provision of value added services (e.g., consultancy, test support, etc.) and to lower the cost of delivery to optimize the project team’s productivity. May contribute to the annual budget forecasting process and manage and monitor the budget; supports the quarterly re-forecasting process.
- Has the authority to make decisions outside of established processes, methodologies, etc. that impact the program’s delivery; influences the decisions of other members on project team, and mentors less experienced team members regarding decision making activities
- Collaborates with internal departments, such as Legal, Procurement, and Finance, as needed, to manage the budgeting and contractual responsibilities and any associated impacts; mentors less experienced project managers with working with other internal resources
- Coordinates the work of project managers that are managing projects under a program.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- High Level understanding of Agile and Waterfall
- Technical knowledge necessary
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: No designated field; or equivalent training and/or work experience in lieu of a degree
- Typically Minimum 8 Years Relevant Exp
- Master's Degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM) I or higher, and/or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways; having ownership of a function, account, or matrix management responsibilities, uses knowledge to ensure success, strengthen relationships, expand the business, and lead matrix teams on complex programs; barriers to entry such as technical committee review may exist at this level
- Job Complexity - Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles; exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results; creates formal networks involving coordination among groups, both internal and external
- Supervision - Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
- Industry knowledge - has specialized deep and broad level of expertise and knowledge of the industry to manage projects, anticipate issues, and adapt project deliverables as time, resources, and scope elements change
- Project Management - has a specialized deep and broad level of expertise regarding project management methodologies
- Technical knowledge - Understanding of application technologies and development processes/standards using agile or waterfall methodolgies.
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.