Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Lead Financial Analyst is responsible for the financial analysis, planning, forecasting, and reporting needs of the assigned business unit(s). The incumbent will lead the creation and presentation of new financial models, ad hoc financial analysis, business case support, and provide proactive insights of trends and activities within the assigned business unit.
- Manage and support cross functional team projects related to new products, vehicles and/or distribution opportunities which may stretch across the CFO Group, Global Product Group and the broader enterprise.
- Provides direction for Sr. Financial Analysts and Financial Analysts assigned to support various cross functional projects; not a direct managerial role, rather this role will leverage the matrixed FP&A organization for analytical support
- Strategizes with Finance Business Partner (FBP) and guides other Finance resources to enable the development of baseline trends, business cases and help drive "what-if" analyses.
- Support Sr. Manage in the oversight of the end-to-end planning activity execution for the Global Product group; collaborating with BU resources and other groups for execution in accordance with defined standards
Supports Product Level Analysis and Modeling
- Leads and support various financial modeling and analysis requests related to current and new products being evaluated
- Leads the development of and helps operationalize regular product analysis and reporting, such as product level break evens, performance based fees, estimated costs of new product launches, product health checks, etc…
- Regularly works with Product SMEs to better understand the products, how they operate, which markets they serve and how to best leverage across the broader organization
- Routinely partner and work with the various distribution FP&A teams to help support various projects that may include an impact firm product(s), such as new share classes, changes to current share classes, use of other vehicles (e.g. trusts, SICAVs) etc..
- Proactively drives the collection of financial and operational information from multiple sources, anticipates needs, and integrates financial schedules and charts, analyzes results, and presents to management for official use
- Prepare presentations as well as present key findings and insights to various levels of management
- Leads various complex financial and operational analysis projects requiring technical and financial expertise and business knowledge
Monitoring of Performance
- Help establish and operationalize on-going monitoring of financial KPIs and related reporting in support of product initiatives and modeling output
- Over time use the KPIs and related data to help inform and evolve approached to financial modeling and analyses
Decision Support Guidance
- Provide decision support and guidance to FBP and BU executive lead team as needed
- Routinely monitor and stay abreast of industry changes and new product innovations globally
- Regularly read and review industry publications and data sets, as well as partner with internal product teams, to continue to expand and enhance understanding of the global investment management industry
- Prepare ad hoc financial models and projections to support business decision making
- College degree and 4 years of related work experience, or Associate degree and 6 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 8 years related work experience
- College degree and 6 or more years of experience in accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis
- Strong financial, modeling, and quantitative analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and synthesizing complex financial data into meaningful executive summary statements
- Experience with and understanding of various investment vehicles including ’40 Act mutual funds, Trusts, SICAV’s, and other commingled vehicles
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of associates
- Ability to take ownership of a task or process, and see it through from inception to completion
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and an ability to appropriately prioritize
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Expert skill in spreadsheet applications
- Financial reporting systems experience
- 8 or more years of related experience in accounting, finance or analysis is preferred
- Professional designation, or candidate, as a CPA or CFA
- Master degree in one of the following: Business Administration, or related quantitative field
- Previous experience with an investment management company is preferred
- Knowledge of T. Rowe price products and related operations
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer