Your car is an incredibly complex machine, producing more than 20 gigabytes of data every hour. From vehicle location and detailed trip records, to real-time engine performance, there is a plethora of insight locked behind the dash. We unlock that data to make cars safer and more reliable while saving drivers money.
We provide the cloud-based Mojio Platform Service to a growing list of mobile operators around the world, enabling them to deliver connected car services to millions of their customers. We are looking for a tech-savvy Bilingual Technical Support Engineer to lead our Partners’ technical evaluation of the Mojio Platform, OBD hardware, and mobile and web applications; and to provide reactive Tier 2 technical support to these key cellular carriers.
Role: Bilingual Technical Support Engineer
Languages: French and English (Both verbal and written)
Type: Full Time
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Shift/Hours: Americas / 9am – 5:30pm Eastern (EDT) / 4pm – 12:30am Sofia local hours
Industry: Telecommunications and Automotive
Job function: Engineering, Information Technology
Reporting to: Onsite Technical Lead
Responsibilities for the Bilingual Technical Support Engineer (TSE) role include:
You will be able to segment support requests amongst device issues, Platform issues, and application issues. You will use your judgement to prioritize and escalate critical issues.
- Provide Tier 2 Technical Support to mobile carriers and other partners that sell connected car services to their end user customers
- Provide technical support in response to incoming inquiries via email, support tickets, and phone from our Partners’ support operations teams
- Troubleshoot the reported issues, address product/service related questions, and provide technical assistance
- Identify, replicate, and document defects using Mojio processes and tools
- Will use Mojio ticketing system, update issues, provide status updates and action plans
- Develop and maintain content for knowledge base
- Identify trending issues early and proactively escalate internally
- Reproduce customer issues in house together with QA
- Create a testing environment, run scripts to identify the point of failures and issues
- Log a ticket/bug in Jira for the identified issues and failures to escalate to Engineering
- Crosscheck the testing environment to ensure the issues are fixed
- Ability to learn from incidents and work on improving processes
- An experienced technical support professional with more than 4-6 years in a customer-facing role promoting and supporting communications hardware, mobile application, and/or web-based services
- A capable troubleshooter, with the ability to make the right decisions based on strong problem-solving and analytical reasoning skills
- Experience with customer CRM tools (Zendesk preferred)
- Available for on call duty during weekend, post business hours and holidays as necessary
- You have a current valid EU passport that allows you to work in Bulgaria
Technical Skill Requirements
- Understand complex configurations of the platform/mobile apps and help with issue debugging at a high level
- Basic knowledge of at least one scripting language (E.g. Python, Shell scripting, etc.)
- Use of command line utilities and developer tools in the browser
- Some knowledge of APIs and Platforms
- Experience working with Product and Engineering teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Software, Technology, or a related field
- QA/Development experience
Our Perks and Benefits
- Mojio offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience; stock options; health care benefits; Full paid training, computer and cell phone allowance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or on the basis of disability.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.