We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
- Manage budgets for various marketing departments for Def Jam Recordings and Island Records, and their subsidiaries.
- Code and create overhead and marketing purchase orders (according to specific artist contract deals) for 3rd party vendors.
- Responsible for high volume invoice processing within Uniport.
- Ensure radio promo invoices are in UMG/NYAG compliance.
- Complete marketing project setups in SAP.
- Process same day and wire payment requests; this includes checking dollar amounts, documentation, approvals, and GL coding.
- Interface with the label departments and 3rd Party vendors to resolve any discrepancies or invoice issues.
- Perform various month end closing tasks, journal entries, and audits and resolve and budget discrepancies.
- Work with Financial Operations team to complete vendor setups and other Accounts Payable tasks.
- Create and manage excel reports outlining budget summaries to assist marketing departments with quarterly planning.
- Provide Uniport training and day-to-day support for multiple users.
- Strong independent problem solving and communication skills in order to research payments as requested by the labels and perform special project tasks when needed
- Proficient in Excel
- Familiarity with Expensys
- SOX Compliance
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.