Security Professional -Qradar
IBM is a global technology and innovation company present in India since 1992. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with approximately 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and manage an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services – be it transformational outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services.
Who You are: -
- You will be responsible for providing IT security services to clients within the IBM Security Services Managed Security Services organization.
- You are an individual contributor to work within IBM Managed Security Services,Global SOC to support the Managed Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) services.
What you’ll do:
- Proven experience in SIEM platform
- Expertise in Qradar design, Architecture.
- Expertise in design/ configure use cases.
- Expertise in integrating log sources with SIEM platforms.
- Proven understanding with IT infrastructure platforms.
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for SOC operations
- Use case fine tuning.
- Create new use cases.
- Integration of standard and non-standard logs in Qradar
- Configure dashboard and scheduled reports in Qradar.
- Document and maintain technical standard operating procedures.
- Documentation of SIEM configuration, use cases and reports.
- Monitor latest OEM updates/patches and communicate to next level.
- Front end customer facing activities.
- Create, modify and tune the Qradar rules to adjust the specifications of alerts and incidents.
- Work with the customer designated personnel to provide continual correlation rule tuning, incident classification and prioritization recommendations.
- Report query adjustments, and various other Qradar configuration activities.
- Assist customers to fully optimize the Qradar system capabilities as well as the audit and logging features of the event log sources.
- Work closely with the assigned Managed Services Qradar resources to ensure client's customized solution is functioning optimally and continuously tuned to the client's needs.
- Interface with a variety of customers in a polite, positive and professional manner.
- Work under pressure on multiple issues & projects (i. e. multi- task) with tight schedules.
- Resolve problems related to Network, Device, Policy, connectivity issues etc.
How we’ll help you grow:
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You’ll learn directly from experts in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Service Delivery Specialist
State / Province
Primary job category
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- Professional Certifications like CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, GCIA, RHCE, and CCNA
- 1 year experience in general Information Security practices
- 2 years of experience in TCP/IP networking and routing fundamentals
- 1 year experience in firewall / security gateway administration
- 1 year experience in network troubleshooting
- Additional knowledge and understanding of one or more of the following concepts and technologies is a plus: SIEM, Proxies, Content Filtering, Vulnerability Scanning, Email and Web Security.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience in Operating System Skills
- At least 2 years of experience with Unix/Linux system administration level knowledge
- Checkpoint Certified Security Administrator (CCSA)
- Checkpoint Certified Security Expert (CCSE)
- Proven communication skills.
- Open to shifts.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
New Collar Role