What you’ll be doing…
The Regional Vice President, Enterprise Sales is responsible for driving sales
and growth within Tableau’s Enterprise‐level Named and Strategic customer
accounts with quota responsibility for all accounts in the Northeast US. This
role will manage a team of Sales Directors, and quota‐carrying salespeople. In
addition, this role will help define strategies and account plans for growing
revenue within these accounts, both big deals as well as total revenue across
the market. The RVP will grow Tableau’s business, including recruiting,
training, forecasting, pipeline management, etc. This role requires input to
the executive management team with regards to product, marketing, sales, and
operational requirements for building Tableau’s business.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- Quota responsibility to meet and exceed sales goals
- Drive sales, including mastering Tableau’s products, conducting presentations and demonstrations with the product, writing business proposals, quote preparation, evangelizing Tableau as a company and its products, negotiating terms and contracts, closing deals and providing mentoring and guidance to first line managers.
- Define and execute sales plans and strategies, including specific account plans, defining named account thresholds, etc.
- Ensure internal processes are followed, including team’s adherence to tracking customer and transactional information in CRM system and other sales and operational processes.
- Define new processes to increase overall productivity.
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
- Practice effective, excellent communication with management, customers and support staff
- Participate in team‐building and company‐growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care
- Travel to customer locations in territory to support of sales efforts
- Leadership and management of the Sales team including resource management, hiring, mentorship, and performance management
Who you are…
- Performer. 20+ years sales experience with quota responsibility of $75 million or greater, ideally with both inside and field sales.
- Energy and Enthusiasm. Experience working with high growth, US‐based software company, preferred.
- Technically Savvy. Experience with analytics, data, databases, predictive modeling, or business intelligence preferred.
- Experienced. 10+ years management in software sales including both transactional sales and strategic selling. Experience with channel sales useful, but not required.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.