etra Tech AEG is seeking an Environmental Field Technician to fix, repair, and install new and existing gas systems.
Do you thrive in dynamic environments working outdoors and have the ability to pursue excellence in environmental projects, routine/non routine maintenance, testing and consulting on landfills? Tetra Tech is expanding our team and looking for hard working individuals who have experience or may be new to the environmental field and looking for an opportunity to follow their passions in delivering high quality results and solutions to our customers.
Our O&M project sites offers a unique work environment that specializes in a wide variety of project sites where we are conducting specialized testing, monitoring, and performing maintenance activities at our facilities. Your role will be assisting other experienced team members to conduct:
· Operation and maintenance activities on landfill gas (LFG) and landfill liquids collection systems
· Perform landfill gas control and collection system construction, repairs and expansions
· Perform well raising, HDPE welding, pipeline work
· Heavy equipment operation, forklifts, excavators, haul trucks, etc.
· Working in and around heavy equipment in or near trenches
· Working with pressurized air and liquid lines
· Assist construction managers with the procurement of materials, equipment, and supplies for projects
· Perform maintenance on system components to ensure or restore proper operation and compliance
· Critical thinking and problem solving of complex field issues
· Environmental data collection and interpretation and general office assistance such as filling out paperwork and submitting reports
· Emergency and Urgent response repairs
· Respond to LFG and landfill liquid collection systems call-out devices 24-hours per day, 7 days per week. Our division guarantees our clients a timely response to system failure within a maximum 12-hour time period
· Travel for extended periods, if necessary –including overnight stays. It is anticipated this role will be primarily located at our project site. This estimate may change based on client needs
· Work effectively and efficiently as both a team and solely
· Walk long distances, up and down steeply sloped landfills and outdoor terrain
· Work in extreme (hot and cold) weather conditions safely
· Lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a non-consistent basis
· Pass a company paid, baseline health physical and drug screening, as required
· Complete the USEPA HAZWOPR, 40-hour, environmental health and safety class, and annual 8-hour refresher classes
· Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical system failures
· Provide an aggressive and proactive approach to client needs and urgent issues that arise
· Ability to obtain, and keep in good standing, a valid driver’s license and ability to drive to job sites
· Must be available to work overtime, nights, weekends, on-call, and holidays if necessary
Skills and Technical Aptitude:
· Minimum High School Diploma and 1 year of general working experience,
· Preferred A.S. or B.S Degree in environmental, or other natural science (geology, biology, ecology etc.),
· Ability to learn and work with complex field monitoring equipment including: flame-ionization detectors, photo-ionization detectors, explosive gas detectors, water level detectors PH/temperature/conductivity meters, and other typical environmental monitoring equipment
· Some heavy equipment operation, HDPE pipe fusion experience a plus.
· Ability to learn general gas, soil, and air sampling techniques including applicable environmental and health & safety regulations and regulatory requirements
· Ability to be familiar with operations and maintenance techniques for landfill gas and landfill fluids collection systems
· Ability to be familiar with landfill gas data, data processing techniques and databases
· Basic PC use, Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
· Ability to build and retain mutual relationships with clients
As an EFT you will have access to a Company provided laptop and cellphone, and access to ATV’s to travel on job sites to monitor landfills and conduct maintenance on landfill gas equipment as well as the option to record data using Global Positioning System (GPS) units, tablets, photographs, and digital field site forms.
Tetra Tech AEG strives on our unparalleled service to our clients. Tetra tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide and ranks 1st in many categories among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms. Please review this opportunity and see if this may be a great fit for you!
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations - in the U.S. and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOEAA/M/F/Vets/Disability
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contactor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Successful completion of a drug screen required.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (330) 659-5931.
For more information on our company, please visit our websites at: http://www.tetratech.com/en/waste-management
Jan 19, 2018, 3:48:44 PM