TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
TE SubCom (SubCom), a TE Connectivity Ltd. company, is an industry pioneer in undersea communications technology and marine services, and a leading global supplier for today’s undersea communications requirements. As a vertically integrated supplier, SubCom designs, manufactures, deploys, and maintains the industry’s most reliable fiber optic cable systems. Its solutions include long-haul and regional systems, repeaterless networks, capacity upgrades, offshore oil and gas, and scientific research applications. SubCom brings end-to-end network knowledge and global experience to support on-time delivery and the needs of customers worldwide. To date, the company has deployed more than 100 cable systems and enough subsea communication cable to circle the Earth 15 times at the Equator. For more information visit www.SubCom.com.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing and Process Development Engineering Teams significantly impact LEANPD driven new product development projects, driving for excellence in existing manufacturing technologies and methods and striving to implement new manufacturing technologies to provide improved process and tolerance control. They act as the binding element between product development and manufacturing engineering, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this critical interface. They support Product Development in the optimization of designs and piece parts for manufacturability by realizing sample tooling/products/prototypes. They also design, develop, and qualify tooling and processes to meet TE quality and production standards, document all processes and tooling in applicable TE systems, support supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability, initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time and adhere to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements and customer requirements.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering (Power option preferred) with 5-7 years of related plant electrical
- Familiar with Arc Flash analysis, labeling and coordination study
- Experience with AC/DC digital/analog drive systems, programmable logic controllers (PLC) and
- Carries out electrical engineering assignments which include the routine electrical design,
modifications, instrumentation and control upgrades and troubleshooting.
- Experience with electrical and mechanical Lockout and Tagout program for manufacturing facility
and production lines. Familiar with the electrical safety program.
- Responsible for preparing plans, specifications and electrical wiring/schematic drawings
- Responsible for updating the plant and production line electrical documentation.
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy in a broad range of tasks associated with electrical
design changes and new production line electrical design.