Are you a subject matter expert who enjoys working cutting edge technology and solving difficult problems? Are you interested in working across a variety of areas from requirements to architecture, testing, deployment and beyond? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Harnessing the power of emerging technologies requires you to overcome complex systems integration challenges, both within your own organization’s walls, and with your external partners, suppliers, and clients. Join our Systems Integration team and bring focus to the toughest problems in the Federal community through the design, development, and implementation of software solutions. A career at Deloitte will put you on the frontline, supporting Federal agencies tasked with the most critical technical challenges.
Work you’ll do
As a Specialist Master our practice you will:
- Provide Subject Matter Expert level knowledge to drive technology solution development and integration across the SDLC including requirements, functional specs, design, custom development, integration, testing, and deployment
- Organize and deliver services on a cross-section of projects
- Maintain your technical knowledge within the industry leverage this subject matter knowledge on client engagements
- Contribute to the development and cultivation of business and vendor relationships
- Serve as a “Subject Matter Expert”, adding interpretive value to data presented or experienced insight into a functional process or issue
- Display leadership and business judgment by anticipating client and project needs and developing alternative solutions
- Identify opportunities for other Deloitte service offerings that can address client needs
- Manage solutions, delegate resources, and help ensure quality assurance principles are met across projects and deliverables
- Supervise the work of team members and support delivery team staff
- Provide input and actively participate in recruitment and retention activities
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte’s Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our Federal SI team manages the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond. We also offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration, and program management, functional, and testing services.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of technology consulting or other relevant industry experience
- 2+ years in a technical or functional lead role
- Experience with developing eminence, thought ware and point-of-view materials
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience managing senior-level client relationships
- Experience presenting to clients or other decision makers to present and sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Pre-sales, proposal, and RFP experience
- Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, RUP, other)
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Experience in implementing large-scale custom development and/or systems integration projects in one or more phases of the SDLC
- Experience working with business users to gather requirements, writing functional and technical specifications and communicating technical requirements
- Previous experience in leading a software development team in designing, architecting, implementing new application efforts and providing training and end-user support.
- Must be a technical expert and have strong communication skills to imagine and drive technical improvements across Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Pipeline, automate infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code, and build and deliver solutions supporting the client.
- Experience using Agile software development methodology and practices.
- Experience with configuration and source code management.
.NET 4 and 4.5 Framework software engineering
Development experience in ASP .NET, MVC, C#, Visual Basic
Strong experience in Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Strong experience in implementing Change and Configuration management throughout the full SDLC process
Firm sense of accountability, ownership for end-to-end project lifecycle with solid project execution and communication skills
Experience with capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
Top Secret Clearance
- Degree in computer science, information systems, or other technology-related field
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Ability to translate requirements into design specifications and experience in developing design documents
- Software development experience using object-oriented languages (i.e., Java, C#, C++) and frameworks (i.e. J2EE or .NET)
- Knowledgeable in software quality concepts such documenting source code and software language specific code quality practices
- Understanding of software development team management support tools such as IBM Jazz, HP ALM, JIRA and Collabnet
- Knowledgeable in concepts of Continuous Integration
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD)
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.