The Campaign Manager is the primary overseer of the post-sale process for online advertising sales. Broadly speaking, they protect the revenue generated by our sales team and encourage repeat business by providing a positive campaign experience for our clients.
The Campaign Manager coordinates the creative, trafficking, reporting, and billing needs for the client. This position requires excellent organizational skills along with the ability to manage critical follow-up on a wide variety of issues.
The candidate must be a detail-oriented, self-motivated individual able to work effectively within a team environment. He or she must possess the ability to manage significant volumes of digital campaign details and issues while remaining organized and highly responsive to internal and external client needs.
Ad Operations interfaces daily with Sales, Sales Planning & Development, clients, and product/platform teams; candidates must possess excellent communication skills as well as familiarity with the technical aspects of online advertising.
Responsibilities and Key Areas of Accountability:
- Act as the primary post-sale contact for both NYT Sales and advertising clients.
- Ensure the accuracy of advertising contracts that bridge from our planning team to our contract management system.
- Manage receipt, testing, and any required technical adjustment of creative in time for campaign launch.
- Implement high volume of campaigns in a timely and accurate manner in our ad serving systems.
- Remotely monitor high impact campaign launches; troubleshoot site-impacting campaign issues during off-hours when necessary.
- Monitor campaign pacing to identify and address campaigns in need of optimization as well as delivery anomalies.
- Identify placements in need of reallocation and address requested reallocations and makegoods.
- Pull and upload 3rd party delivery when required; identify and investigate 3rd party discrepancies as necessary.
- Provide campaign screenshots within 24 business hours of launch, in agency/client templates if required.
- Send out in-campaign reporting on request and final reporting within five days of campaign end date.
- Gather and report on advanced campaign metrics where applicable.
- Investigate and address billing issues and disputes.
- Schedule and run periodic campaign status update meetings with planners and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Sales on campaign management strategy for select categories.
- Contribute to category and departmental goals and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of online media and/or advertising experience a plus
- Strong interest in digital advertising and familiarity with the digital landscape
- Team player with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to adhere to speed, accuracy, and responsiveness thresholds.
- Experience managing multiple competing priorities, duties and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using Firebug, Charles, and other troubleshooting plug-ins is a plus.
- Experience trafficking to mobile and video environments is a plus.
- Experience using ad servers such as DFP and Freewheel is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and aptitude to learn new systems.
- Demonstrable record of professional written and verbal communication skills.
If you are an active employee at The New York Times or any affiliates (excluding INYT), please do not apply here. Go to the Career Worklet on your Workday home page and View "Find Internal Jobs". Thank you!
The New York Times Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.