Who We Are?
Narvar is a leader in the post purchase- customer experience space, helping leading brands and retailers build lifelong relationships with their customers. Our mission is to “Simplify the everyday lives of consumers”. We offer an enterprise SaaS platform that scales really well to handle millions of customer transactions every single day. More than 400 leading retailers including brands like Nordstrom, Sephora, Walmart, GameStop use our Ship, Track, Return and Analytics products.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate has built and launched data products from scratch. He/She should be an effective cross-functional player between Data Science, Engineering, Design and rest of the product team. An in-depth understanding of technical infrastructure, scrappy approach towards testing a hypothesis combined with strong alignment and understanding of company’s business strategy will be a key to the success in this role.
What will you be doing:
- Craft a coherent data product strategy on how Narvar can leverage all of its existing data and what new data sources Narvar should integrate with to create a defensible moat and identify new product opportunities
- Participate with Data Engineering and Data Science teams on Technological Infrastructure decisions
- Work with Data Science to decide on Machine Learning v/s Heuristic modelling approaches to solve specific use cases
- Come up with a playbook on how experiments will be conducted across different products and how the outcomes of those experiments are tied to the business strategy
- Define product instrumentation and data storage framework on how captured data will be made accessible to other teams
- Specify, prioritize and communicate product specs using user stories, business rules, flows, interaction design guidance and use cases
- Develop strong relationships with Engineering, Design and Customer Success to create world class experiences
- Collaborate with other product managers to ensure consistency and compatibility across all Narvar products
- Interface with customers to gather requirements or explain product features
- Create product documentation and conduct training sessions for internal audiences
What is needed from you
- 3-5 years of software product management experience working on Data Products
- Strong understanding of data modelling, data infrastructure, statistical methods and machine learning
- An action-oriented, entrepreneurial mindset with exceptional organization skills with natural ability to make things happen around you
- Experience as a Data Scientist is a strong plus
- Strong SQL and Data visualization skills
- Experience taking direction and input from multiple sources and creating a shared product vision
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, with the ability to break down problems and generate shared understanding across different technical and non-technical audiences