Avalara is fundamentally transforming an essential business process that’s been around for as long as civilization itself. Automating sales tax for everyday businesses is a radical idea with momentous implications. Avalara is changing the world of business, solving serious problems most people don’t even know exist.
Avalara is experiencing rapid growth with no sign of slowing. As our customer base grows, Avalara is increasing our focus on Customer Success, Retention and Satisfaction. As part of the customer loyalty team, the Customer Account Manager (CAM) is responsible for maximizing the lifetime value of every customer. This is achieved by building strong customer relationships, improving the customer experience and driving the value of Avalara products, which includes growing net revenue through up-sell, cross-sell and add-on opportunities. The Customer Account Manager must have strong account management and sales skills and flourish in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Relationship Management:
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by building professional long-term relationship with day to day Avalara users up to the executive level ensuring they realize full value from their investment.
- Responsible for customer retention (dollar and logo) throughout the renewal sales cycle and ensuring timely account reviews.
- Create an environment of great outcomes for the customer and Avalara by professionally and ethically negotiating issues related to contracts, pricing and service fees.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction through a proactive approach throughout the customer’s lifecycle including the customer’s onboarding experience and expectation management.
- Sales Management:
- Holistically manage a portfolio of customers and develop and execute on a Territory Plan that supports achieving or exceeding quota and goals.
- Understand the customer's business environment and uncover their sales and use tax challenges to recommend additional products/services.
- Run a pipeline of add-on and up sell opportunities within a set of existing accounts and deliver results against a quota.
- Provide timely forecasts and risk analysis to direct manager as well as track customer and partner interaction.
- Cross group collaboration:
- Work in a team environment with a Customer Experience Manager to promote customer retention and satisfaction.
- Leverage marketing campaigns and resources to increase product footprint within existing customers.
- Use the broader internal team and partner ecosystem to address customer satisfaction issues.
- Grow relationships with key customer contacts to ensure we add customer value at every step and ultimately get a customer to promote us to their peers.
- Represent the ‘Voice of the Customer’, surfacing key business insights for impacting customer experience and document business-value driven customer success stories and best practices.
- Build client references and uncover client success stories to share with the sales and CAM team
- Technical knowledge: Develop subject matter expertise and deep product knowledge in order to provide valuable actionable recommendations to customer in managing sales and use tax
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent career experience
- Minimum 5 years of sales, customer management, consulting or related experience (SaaS experience preferred).
- Passion for delivering customer success and a strong interest in advocating for your clients and delivering long term value
- Experience working with senior executive level personnel
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Experience negotiating contracts or facilitating resolution to customer problems
- Efficient work habits that allow for a significant level of multi-tasking
- Experience using Microsoft products, Salesforce or similar CRM systems
- Be a problem solver
- Consistent record of achieving performance goals including quotas, revenue targets or other key performance indicators
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with sales and excise tax, VAT, and other transactional tax requirements by delivering comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use. Avalara’s end-to-end suite of solutions is designed to effectively manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities in the United States and internationally.
We offer hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. The company processes millions of tax transactions for customers and free users every day, files hundreds of thousands of transactional tax returns per year, and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
A privately held company, Avalara’ s venture capital investors include Sageview Capital, Battery Ventures, Warburg Pincus, Technology Crossover Ventures, Arthur Ventures, and other institutional and individual investors. Avalara employs more than 1000 people at its headquarters in Seattle, WA and in offices across the U.S. and in London, England and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by Federal, state or local law.