We’re ONE team that is driven by our vision to unleash the power of human collaboration by delivering innovative, world-class solutions to our customers. We work smart, with a collaborative state of mind that drives our strategy and helps us achieve our common goals.
Polycom’s innovative spirit begins with our people. We empower your personal and professional growth and we strive to give you everything you need to achieve your highest level of excellence. With your help, we’ll accomplish great things.
- Responsible for several Polycom European companies.
- Responsible for booking journal entries and preparing account reconciliation.
- Responsible for processing payroll. Working with outside payroll providers and HR.
- Preparation of European VAT returns and Intrastat reporting.
- Monitor tax balances.
- Processing payments for payroll, tax, VAT etc.
- Prepare monthly flux analysis on P&L accounts.
- Design and implementation of improved work procedures to optimize the period end close.
- Responsible for complying with the company’s internal controls and processes including but not limited tomaintaining control documentation and evidence.
- Supporting Sarbanes Oxley audits both external and internal.
- Working with the auditors and tax consultants for the preparation and filing of the statutory compliancereports (Tax returns, financials etc.).
- Performing other job related duties as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in a broad accounting function within an international context.
- High accounting degree (HBO).
- US GAAP knowledge is required.
- Good experience with and understanding of ERP systems. Knowledge in Oracle is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Pragmatic approach with overall view. Able to take on accounting activities hands-on, structure and complete them.
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines under pressure, good communication skills.
- Team player.
- Fluent in English. Other languages - advantage.