At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Summary:This intern will work on challenging research problems that have a concrete impact on real-world applications, such as Nuance’s in-car Dragon Drive Automotive Assistant. Main tasks will include evaluation, testing, and improvement of our language model performance, including analysis of customer usage patterns and issues.
• Improve language modeling performance for Chinese products.
• Solve problems related to speech recognition accuracy.
• Improve quality of language modeling training data.
• Analyze product usage data to find areas for improvement or enhancement of modeling processes, methods, and NLP techniques.
• Text processing/normalization on large amounts of data in Linux computing environment.
• Present findings (written reports or oral presentations, as appropriate) within the research team.
• Experience using Unix/Linux and shell scripting
• Experience with Perl or Python
• Solid written and oral communication skills (English)
• Industry or academic experience with speech recognition or natural language processing.
• Experience in one or more of the following areas a plus: machine learning, statistical modeling, deep learning, data mining, algorithm design, software engineering, computational linguistics
Education:MS in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Applied Mathematics, or related field