Lee Jeans is seeking a knowledgeable Digital Product Manager with a solid business sense to drive business growth for our flagship website, Lee.com. The ideal candidate possesses strong user experience knowledge and demonstrated experience bringing web products from concept to life. As the digital product owner, this individual will champion the delivery of our digital strategic vision, oversee digital product development, manage creative site updates, and prioritize products and capabilities from concept to implementation.
The Product Manager collaborates with Design, Development, and Marketing teams to develop and manage features that increase engagement and conversion. This individual manages stakeholder expectations with exceptional communication skills, creates a collaborative atmosphere and makes timely, effective decisions. This individual understands complex concepts and rapidly organizes them into a structured solution.
The Digital Product Manager must have a powerful curiosity and passion for understanding the customer mindset and keeping up with technology industry developments.
Advance digital products, experience and capabilities in concert with customer and business needs:
- Define and drive product roadmap and backlog – aligning business opportunity with customer and creator needs (supported by business cases, market research, customer data and competitive analysis).
- Lead product development cycle by understanding customer needs; identifying and vetting new capabilities/offerings; defining product specifications, overseeing user experience and design and defining minimally viable products.
- Work collaboratively with marketing, technology and operational stakeholders along with internal and external creative teams and user experience professionals to develop concepts that meet the needs of both clients and the business – translating customer needs into requirements and facilitating definition of success metrics.
Build strong internal/external partnerships and communication, unifying teams for delivery:
- Nurture internal stakeholder relationships to define client needs/opportunities.
- Lead requirement-gathering workshops, asking effective, insightful and direct questions to shape new products.
- Proactively document progress and successes for stakeholders and leadership.
- Serve as translator for development teams and stakeholders regarding goals, requirements and business need, representing customer and stakeholders to developers, and development team to stakeholders.
- Partner with agency/contractors and internal development teams to lead development and execution of projects that support business initiatives and goals.
- Oversee the implementation of daily site updates and marketing landing pages.
- Manage Product Catalog Management in multiple environments including product catalog loads, sales category management, and product attribution management.
Manage resources efficiently:
- Constantly re-prioritize the product backlog based on customer feedback, market changes and business priority.
- Effectively manage project spend/scope with external partners. Oversee business testing for code deployment
Be a digital and business steward:
- Stay current on digital experience, technology and delivery best practices/trends.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of business, consumers, clients, creators, competitors and operations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate vision, rationale and next steps to engage diverse audiences and influence senior executives.
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with ability to use data and metrics to link product design to strategic objectives to recommendations.
- Ability to adapt graciously to changing business conditions and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, motivate and lead teams without direct reporting authority.
- Must be comfortable using a variety of 3rd party web technologies, including Google Tag Management, preferred experience with Adobe Experience Manager, Scene7, Smart Merchandiser, and Monetate.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Self-starter comfortable operating with initiative in ambiguous situations.
- 3-7 years of relevant experience in digital product management and development or equivalent experience (preferably in consumer publishing media) required.
- Experience in agile development practices preferred.
- Strategic systems thinker with ability to understand and apply data insights, and understand tech implications for feature evolution and development
- Understands and has experience in the complete SDLC and Scrum/Agile development, including writing business requirements and drafting business cases.
- Extensive experience using web analytic platforms such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics.
- Must have working familiarity with test case writing and enterprise architecture.
- Experience working with complex product hierarchies and navigating the resulting taxonomy of the website.
- Working knowledge of Websphere Commerce and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).