US-NV-Minden-Carson Valley Roast Plant
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by maintaining facilities in a clean and orderly condition. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Cleans facility offices and common areas, including kitchen equipment, break room, coffee stations and facility restrooms. Vacuums carpets, cleans windows, mops and waxes floors. Monitors and maintains supply levels in restrooms, coffee station and break room.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Performs commercial maintenance tasks including plumbing, carpentry and electrical.
- Performs periodic cleaning and other sanitation tasks as scheduled.
- Picks up litter outside perimeter of building and near garbage dumpsters, discards trash and recyclables from offices, restrooms and lunchroom into proper receptacles.
Summary of Experience
- Work environment with minimal direction (2 years)
- Janitorial and sanitation experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to read, write and understand polices, guidelines, specifications and safety standards
- Ability to work in elevated areas with ladders, roofs, lights
- Basic math skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Ability to work in accordance with quality, safety, and sanitation standards, policies and guidelines
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.