As one of the top employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle and continuous learning and development.
Our team & you
To continue and change the lives of our 55 million customers. We’re a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
Within 30 days you will:
· Meet with the internal FP&A and PT teams to understand the role and strategy of the department.
· Develop an understanding of the importance of cost optimization for business success.
Within 60 days, you will:
· Work with peers to fully understand Jazz Opex structure, cost drivers and budgetary targets.
· Understand the initiatives assumed in the budget and the actionable steps underlying those initiatives.
· Interact with stakeholders from commercial, corporate and technology functions.
Within 90 days to onwards you will:
· Monthly Opex reporting & analysis: Books reporting, Savings, Reinvestments & V-curve analysis
· Identification and analysis of new Opex savings initiatives
· Project management and tracking of Opex initiatives assumed in the budget / targets
What we have done and what we will do with YOU
In the last one-year Jazz is a huge success story in terms of business transformation, we were market leaders and we still are market leaders but with huge margins specially after successful merger of Jazz and Warid.
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone who has already worked in Finance and has good knowledge of Cost structures, Cost optimization methods and Project management. The candidate must have excellent analytical skills, good project management and communication skills backed with a strong can-do attitude.
A brief about the department.
In Performance Transformation team, we review, monitor and report Opex to identify opportunities for cost optimization. We focus on generating new ideas to transform business activities in a cost efficient manner. We track Opex initiatives and consistently follow-up / red flag any delays / deviations.
The structure of the team you will join is:
A three (03) member’s team with no sub teams.
The three (03) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· Review, monitor and report Opex on a monthly basis.
· Identify opportunities for cost optimization.
· Track Opex initiatives and consistently follow-up / red flag any delays / deviations.
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with functional/regional/ within the team.
You will work with internal stakeholders including Commercial, Technology, HR, Admin, Real Estate and Procurement functions.
What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?
Effective and efficient tracking of Opex initiatives and delivery on Opex savings targets.
The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.
· Successfully delivered on the Opex savings target for FY 2017 with Jazz recognized as one of the top 3 OpCOs in cost optimization across the Veon group for the second year in a running.
· Tracking successful execution of several Opex initiatives: Fixed line O&M outsourcing, Warid MS re-scoping, Fleet optimization, Local Land-Lord day etc.
The three (03) must have past experiences the best candidate should have.
· Financial Analysis
· Financial Reporting
· Cost optimization
The two (02) must have technologies the candidate should have.T
· Microsoft Excel
· Microsoft PowerPoint
Essential skills must have:
· Analytical thinking and reasoning
· Project Management
· Communication/negotiation skills
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Team player
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.