Wipro's Data Scientists help our clients discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help them to make smarter decisions to deliver better products and services. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems. You will also be working extensively in data-centric digital storytelling and data visualization, helping information come to life for clients seeking to unlock its full potential value
- Building and optimizing machine learning algorithms
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods,
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing in-depth analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Visualizing data, extracting the key business 'storylines,' and consultatively developing projects for Wipro
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc . Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented personality with solid client-facing consultative skills