Avalara Professional Services is seeking an experienced functional consultant familiar with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), retail, and e-commerce solutions to join our growing Professional Services team as a Project Consultant in one of our corporate offices. The Project Consultant (YOU!) takes the lead for the launch of client Avalara AvaTax software projects. The Project Consultant proactively and professionally manages the client relationship and helps guide the client through their tax and compliance automation initiatives. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join an exceptional group of professionals dedicated to exceeding customer expectations in the delivery of effective sales and use tax automation services.
- Clearly articulate and manage the scope of work for client-initiated projects related to software and data services.
- Monitor client projects and solve problems to keep projects moving forward.
- Document business processes and propose/understand best practices for sales and use tax automation initiatives.
- Develop and document business requirements related to business processes, data transformation and reporting.
- Assist clients with developing and executing testing plans and procedures.
- Train clients on all Avalara products and services including the ERP and e-commerce integrations (called “AvaTax connectors”).
- Support the sales and account management teams in selling additional tax and professional services.
- Demo sales and use tax products, including pre-written and custom built software applications.
- Available to travel as assigned (<20%).
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Five or more years of software delivery, preferably within the B2B sector.
- Strong ability to understand and conceptualize accounting and tax processes and procedures.
- Experience working with clients at all organizational levels with a high degree of professionalism and business acumen.
- Strong ability to articulate process logic and technical architecture including building and delivery of functional/technical presentations.
- Experience with multiple ERP and e-commerce solutions with a focus on sales order/invoicing processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Teamwork-oriented with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and business development.
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems effectively and tenaciously follow-through to ensure client success.
- Results-oriented with strong people and time management skills, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed.
- Proven dedication and loyalty to Avalara.
- Demonstration of the Avalara Success Traits.
- Excellent references from management, team members and cross-functional employees at Avalara.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. Avalara’s Compliance Cloud™ platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 580 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
A privately held company, Avalara’s venture capital investors include Sageview Capital, Battery Ventures, Warburg Pincus, Technology Crossover Ventures, Arthur Ventures, and other institutional and individual investors. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com