Requisition Id : 106614
Develop new and analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have any direct or indirect reports.
- A software engineer in this position will focus their time developing and testing software. As a Senior Engineer they will be expected to function as a lead on some projects and mentor less experienced engineers and interns. The person most successful in this position will have a strong understanding of operating systems such as LINUX; BSP development; and driver development. He/she should also have solid knowledge of and experience in embedded C/C++; passion for developing new products, and experience working the complete SW development life cycle.
- Strong background in networking applications including streaming standards and precision time protocol.
- Working knowledge of software development tools (debugger's, compilers, etc).
- Working knowledge of software development processes.
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms.
- Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to insure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program.
- Coordinates software development activities with software team leader.
- Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Works with software team leader to negotiate resolution.
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Manages small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating and follow through.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 12 years of embedded software development or testing.
- 12 years of C/C++ or other structured language.
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and meet project deadlines.
- A positive attitude is a must.
- A strong desire to exceed/excel in an environment with high-quality engineers is a must.
- Self starter and self motivated with a strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time.
- Willingness to work in an office in Huntsville, AL.
- HARMAN will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)
Nearest Major Market: Huntsville
R&D Engineer, Developer, Electronics Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering, Technology