Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The eBay for Charity team is is rebuilding the systems that makes eBay one of the largest fundraising platforms in the world. The eBay for Charity Engineering team works closely with the Product Management, Quality Engineering, Design and Business Partners to build business solutions that are used by millions of eBay users across the globe every day. We are responsible for raising over $75,000,000 per year for charities which depend on us to help them raise the funds they use to make the world a better place.
Our agile teams are based in Portland Or and work closely with partners based in San Jose, California. Occasional amount of travel to and between those locations will be required. The team works on technologies such as Java, Node.js, web-services, browser-related technologies (jQuery, React, HTML5, etc.), iOS, Android and database solutions (NoSQL, Oracle, etc.). Like everything else at eBay, we build scalable and highly-available systems for the millions of users that depend on us to conduct their businesses.
Primary Job Responsibilities
We’re seeking a Member of technical Staff engineer with a proven track record of building great online (web and mobile) products. As a MTS, this person will be hands-on with product development, building high quality software. In addition, (s)he is expected to mentor other engineers while raising the bar on the team’s discipline and technical excellence. Being able to deal with complex systems while helping the rest of the team navigate ambiguity in requirements is very important. This role requires partnership and collaboration with other organizations throughout eBay, so (s)he must have great communication skills and the ability to work well with others. Having a good amount of experience with agile teams and methodologies is required.
• Advanced knowledge of model-view-controller (MVC) and object oriented design paradigms.
• Experience in Node.JS, CubeJs, Java, Oracle/ Mongodb (or other NOSQL db’s), REST, Event Source, Web Sockets, HTML5, CSS3, RWD, JQuery is highly desirable.
• Experience writing stateful web applications using React, Redux, etc.
• Experience writing unit and integration tests.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery in a high-velocity and high-availability environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major.
• Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes with implications to cross functional teams.
• Drive architecture discussions, lead product design, code reviews and propose solutions to system and product changes.
• Proven track record of successful deliveries and building large-scale systems.
• Background with teams using agile methodologies.
• Desire to inspire others through innovative user experiences that balance business needs and customer expectations.
• Deep technology expertise and can work well with a diverse set of professionals.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to understand and provide good feedback on business requirements.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement