Indirect Procurement Specialist LATAM - Panamá
We challenge you to provide your expertise to ensure qualitative, on-time and competitive services/products are delivered to stakeholders/customers maximizing the leverage/revenue for Philips, so the organization can benefit from economies of scale in spend management, while ensuring quality and timeliness of delivery.
You will drive the demand side of market and project procurement (Marketing, HR, IT, Business Strategy, etc.) projects geared to address and reduce total costs ensuring the best possible solution in the applicable region/area. Bringing innovations to the Philips business and its customers. The MP Specialist gives input to and deploys relevant parts of the commodity strategy, anticipating on the needs and requirements.
- Achieves maximum performance (leverage) by actively using the sourcing network, respectively by bringing local requirements into the commodity team in order to initiate improvements to the procurement & commodity strategy.
- Responsible for procurement activities for all assigned supply-base / customer base.
- Provides regular reports to the demand side that brings visibility on value add and compliance.
- Leads the negotiations and the process with suppliers where local solutions are required ensuring lowest total cost of ownership to contribute to the profitability objectives for projects in the markets.
- Acts as a single point of contact towards the sales / project team to establish procurement related needs and requirements. Scopes out the 3rd party products and service requirements from the initial customer bidding, through implementation and life cycle management phase.
- Leads the development & implementation of an integrated set of procurement actions that anticipate on the needs of the project, within the procurement market strategy
- Participates in selected customer meetings including 3rd party content
- Monitors main outsourced products and services in order to improve efficiency, revenue and reduce total costs.
- Identifies, qualifies, ranks and selects appropriate suppliers including adequate involvement business/commodity entities and according to RFX. Continuously optimizes the supply base (quality and number) on responsible sites towards lower costs and stronger relationships and works towards total cost of ownership.
- Develops supplier partnership at local and sometimes regional level
- Manages the 3rd party scoping, vendor evaluation, selection and request for quotation process to support the project team in the tender phase / quote phase (early involvement), considering, costs, quality, installation, training, warranty lifetime service costs, speed, etc.
- Monitors and analyzes supplier performance, following/using supplier performance feedback programs
- Maintains and/or develops supplier relationships to ensure partnership
- Leads the negotiations and the process with suppliers where local solutions are required ensuring lowest total cost of ownership to contribute to the profitability objectives for projects in the markets
- Ensures cost control, flexibility, quality, delivery and long-term assurance of procurement objectives within the supply base are established and achieved
- Secures compliancy of the supply base to Philips policies and carries out relevant risk management assessments
- Ensures that all Procurement related risks are controlled and mitigated
- Being an expert in local requirements (legislation, culture) and make sure it is applied
- Participates in the development & deployment of the Philips Lighting Procurement policies
- Actively aligns and safeguards commodity strategies within projects
- Proposes optimization initiatives for supply chain management processes
- On local or regional level, performs benchmarks to (ultimately) plan and optimize the best possible procurement activity and business plan. This is also used to determine possibilities for creating synergies across internal businesses or processes
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related discipline
- 5 years of procurement or relevant procure to pay experience
- SAP and Ariba experience is highly desired, with advanced level experience in Excel and MS toolset
- End to end RFx process experience
- Strong supplier lifecycle management experience
- Strong negotiation skills and stakeholder management skills are a must
- Engaging personality with the ability to interact with Senior Leadership
- Ability to work on and lead multi business procurement projects
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking and execution
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. For more information, visit us online.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.