The Communications & Documentation Manager will lead internal and external communication, outreach and donor engagement of Room to Read Bangladesh. S/He will report to the Country Director. The incumbent will work in close coordination with the Program (LP and GEP) and the Program Operations Team. The incumbent will also closely coordinate with the Global Marketing and Donor Communications Team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop Bangladesh specific communications strategy that takes into account all stakeholders (Government, donors, non-profits in development space, and academics) and long-term objectives of the organization’s strategic plan.
- Lead the development of well-designed content and materials for external outreach and policy advocacy. These materials, with information from India as well as global RtR programs, may include print, multimedia, web and social media etc as needed. Materials may be new for the environment or contextualized from global materials. Coordinate with global marketing and donor communications teams to ensure highest quality standards of all materials before distribution.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Room to Read programs, achievements and comparative advantage
- Develop -specific press plan that aligns with global standards. Ensure targeted press placements and speaking engagements for senior leadership to broaden exposure and pipeline development.
- Work closely with program directors to ensure media presence and visibility of Room to Read events and achievements. Guide and advice on press releases at the country or state level
- Act as a spokesperson of RtR programs with local and international media. Develop and maintain strong media contacts and networks
- In collaboration with Program and Operation Directors, develop a common agreement on the messaging of program achievements, outcomes and assessment results that can be shared externally.
- Partner with business development colleagues on cause-marketing partnerships and partner on pitches and promotional materials.
- Improve quality of donor reports, especially photographs and case studies. Coordinate and track timely submission of all donor reports
- Work with global site visit team to develop contextual guidance for donors on school visits addressing issues of child protection, dressing, social norms, and photography.
- Work with program operations team to manage development of a SOP on donor visits for Room to Read staff, including communication and coordination protocols and checklists.
- Manage training of program staff involved in donor visits; key messages, articulation of results, response to queries, non-verbal communication etc
- Help develop creative and impactful employment engagement opportunities that appeal to donors, donor employees and can align with and enhance program activities.
- Conceptualize and lead internal communications of the organization. Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders. Ensure internal communications messages are consistent with external communications and across all mediums and different departments of the organization.
- The candidate must have at least 7 years of experience in communications with a minimum of 2 years in a senior role. Experience in the development projects will be an advantage.
- Strong media network and press connections are necessary.
- Post-graduation in a related field (Journalism, Mass communication, International Relations, Marketing etc.) is essential.
- Writing skills: The candidate need excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories to be presented both at national and international forums.
- Speaking skills: The candidate also need strong speaking skills as s/he likely to be called on to give presentations to external bodies and to the staff. The communications managers need sensitivity to an organization's goals and values and the ability to relay them to employees and external stakeholders.
- Interpersonal skills: the candidate should have good interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work effectively with different departments and levels of staff, from field staff to senior executives.
- Creative skills:The candidate should have the creative ability to think of innovative means of communication and outreach. S/he will need to ensure that all outreach materials developed are creative and impactful.
- Digital skills: Familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication, is essential.
- Good knowledge and understanding Bangladesh’s education issues, economic and development of the country.
- Experience of managing international visits
- Ability to solve problems quickly
- Strong public speaking skills for training and presentations
- Ability to perform multi-task
We offer competitive salary. The benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities.
Bangladesh - Main - Dhaka
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled