40 Hanna Ave, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 0C3
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
We are looking for a software developer to join a growing development team here in our Downtown Toronto office. The candidate will build, improve and maintain various web applications and platforms using modern web technologies. This is a hands-on development role using various programming languages and technologies.
- Implement new features, bug fixes, and improvements for platform applications
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure various dependencies are met
- Write unit tests for new or existing code
- Write documentation for new or existing code
- Perform code reviews
- Write server-side code for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Translate wireframes, creative design, and functional requirements into functional code
- Provide support by ensuring stability of the application and addressing and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent education or work experience
- 3 to 5 years experience doing hands-on software development using an object-oriented language (e.g. Python, Java)
- 2 to 3 years experience working professionally in a software development team
- 1 to 2 years experience working with web frameworks (e.g. Django, Spring)
- Experience working with version control systems (e.g. Git or Mercurial)
- Experience working with databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL)
- Experience working with various web APIs
- Strong understanding of web application architecture
Here are just some of the things Loblaw colleagues enjoy:
- 10% Colleague Discount Program on eligible products sold at Loblaw stores
- Ongoing career development through in-house training programs, tuition assistance and support for professional designations
- Sharing in the growth of Loblaw with our Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Corporate rate fitness club memberships for colleagues as well as eligible family members
- Helping you help others with our Volunteer Grant Program
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.