What is the opportunity?
You will lead a new initiative at RBC – the implementation of Wealth Management’s Client Data Mart. Work with the latest of Big Data Technologies as we consolidate global data into one platform. As the lead of our IT Hadoop solutions: You will assess, research, and analyze business, technical and system needs in order to resolve business systems issues by recommending technology solutions that meet sponsor/stakeholder needs.
What will you do?
- Set technical direction for all development, maintenance and architecture initiatives ensuring adherence to overall IT architectural and solution direction
- Be a Big Data (Hadoop) Specialist that still loves coding
- Provide leadership on the construction and maintenance of robust and efficient applications and reusable frameworks combine
- Be an expert consultant on technical and management direction for strategic projects with a focus on the cross-divisional strategies
- Provide expert counseling to RBC application development community
- Develop feasibility studies and proposals for senior management and executive decisions on large complex projects
- Develop criteria to evaluate 3rd party vendors and software and due diligence exercises. (For very complex projects, conducts due diligence; for less complex projects oversees the process)
- Identifies technical and business opportunities to take advantage of cross project knowledge, best practices and reusability to expedite projects
What do you need to succeed?
- Advanced knowledge of Hadoop ecosystems, it's architecture and key technologies like Kafka, HBase, Spark, NoSQL DB
- Experience designing solutions to process large data volume, high volume data stream ingestion, processing and low latency data provisioning
- Professional experience on large projects/programs with multiple applications with multiple interfaces and/or 3rd parties
- Advanced knowledge and understanding application architecture, solutions, development and integration
- Strong knowledge of data schema design, working with key databases, primarily dealing with large data volume, running on UNIX and Linux
- Advanced knowledge of designing & developing Java based solutions (J2EE, Spring), experience in Object Oriented Software Design
- Knowledge of working with "In Memory" databases
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 330 Front St W
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Position Level: PL07
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2018-02-28
Req ID: 154706
Posting Notes: [[mfield1]]