Cubic Transportation Systems
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Reporting to the Senior HR Manager, as part of the Human Resources team you will be responsible for providing end to end recruitment activities acting as the first point of contact for all recruitment related matters. This will be achieved through the development of recruitment plans with an underlying quality and innovative talent acquisition process to ensure the attraction of quality candidates.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively drive efficient and effective end to end recruitment and selection process for the business to follow
- Manage a high number of simultaneous recruitment projects which may include resourcing for business as usual or new business
- Deliver consistent, quality, effective, efficient and fair end to end recruitment services in line with legislative requirements
- Demonstrate strong behavioural and skills based interview techniques and provide education and coaching to recruiting managers
- Leverage talent across entire business departments / divisions throughout the Region
- Play a key role and involved in the mobility component and transfer of employees internal and to the business
- Build effective relationships with managers and provide timely and accurate recruitment advice;
- Work closely with Compensation to ensure roles are correctly reviewed and graded prior to recruitment
- Guide managers through the development of recruitment plans, advertising, application, interview and selection process;
- Maintain high level communication and manage expectations with recruiting managers;
- Understand and respond to critical resourcing requirements;
- Advise on external and internal advertising requirements including attraction strategies and selection techniques;
- Ensure recruitment agencies are on the Cubic Recruitment Services Agreement or Master Services Agreement, whichever applies
- Manage strong relationships with online advertising vendors and preferred recruitment agencies.
Systems and Administration:
- Ensure all recruitment prerequisite documentation is in place and approved enabling business compliance
- Write and post job advertisements, in line with HRIS (Workday) requirements
- Coordinate interviews on behalf of managers as and when required;
- Ensure potential new hires have relevant qualifications, eligibility to work in Australia and employment reference checks are completed as per business procedure
- Identify and complete pre-employment testing as required (personality profiling where applicable) and oversee National Police Check process
- Manage the recruitment functionality in the Workday system upon implementation, training other members of the HR team as required
- Ensure recruitment procedural documentation is updated, ensuring referral schemes are reviewed and relevant
- Support and ensure Workday on boarding requirements are maintained;
- Identify and escalate process improvements;
- Development and tracking of all facets of the recruiting / hiring process - including but not limited to collection of data on cost-per-hire, time to hire, impact of continuous improvement on cost savings and improvement of work processes in time taken.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with Cubic’s Quality Management System
- Comply with Cubic Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures
- Comply with security in accordance with established policies and procedures of the organisations
- Comply with Cubic Human Resources Procedures
- Comply with reasonable direction from your manager
- Other duties as requested
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Tertiary degree or qualification in Human Resources or other related discipline
- Minimum 5 years or recruitment experience, preferably within an internally facing or in-house recruitment role
- Previous success in working in a demanding and fast paced recruitment environment servicing the needs of a business employing a large white and blue-collar workforce.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practice recruitment processes, talent management, attraction and selection methodologies
- Experience in developing recruitment plans and applying innovative sourcing strategies.
- Proficient with the use of the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with Workday will be held in high regard
- An ability to deal tactfully and discretely with all levels of employees
- Self-motivated, able to work unsupervised with the capacity for development and growth
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Outgoing and enthusiastic
- Excellent phone manner
- An ability to fit into a highly motivated team
- Attention to detail
- An ability to demonstrate flexibility and cope with constant business change and transformation
- Ability to travel interstate when required
Condition of Employment:
Successful outcome of a National Police Check
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.