VaynerMedia helps brands market for the year we live in, meaning that we focus our efforts on understanding where consumers attention is and telling impactful stories native to the platforms that have captivated your audience. Through this approach, we are able to help our clients achieve real business results (see below for note about selling shit). We are fortunate to work with companies in various industries including consumer-packaged goods, technology, quick service restaurants, publishing, mobile and entertainment, among others.
VaynerMedia interns live for the hustle. They're the type that want to build businesses one day, and won't stop until they get there. They're the next generation of marketing leaders, and we treat them as such.
Who you are:
You're a college junior or senior, a grad student or recent graduate, who's trying to kickstart a career in digital/social/tech. You're interested in a paid internship that'll have you touching multiple parts of our business and hustling for some of the world's biggest brands.
A Successful Intern at VaynerMedia…
- Must be able to commute to LA-Sherman Oaks office
- Must be able to bring own laptop to work
- Has a hunger to learn and be mentored by professionals
- Enjoys working in teams
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Loves all things digital and understands relevant social media platforms
- Maintains an active presence online
- Commitment of at least 35 hours per week
- Has a sparkling personality that will mesh well with the existing VaynerMedia family (we love smart people with a dash of quirkiness)
- Educational seminars
- Mentor program
- Long-term project
- Team and company events
What you will do:
- Visualize performance data for our brands in social media
- Gain exposure to social media insights building and how those insights inform strategic approach
- Use social listening tools to uncover key consumer attitudes and behaviors
- Uncover the passion points for different audiences
- Interpret secondary research on sites like Mintel, eMarketer, etc.
- Work closely with strategists to come up with strategic opportunities and recommendations
- Establish norms and spot trends for our brands and competitors on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other channels
- Brief account and creative teams on performance and best steps forward
What are we looking for?
- Familiarity with relational databases, statistics, and the basics of digital marketing
- Curious about human behavior and why people say and do the things they do
- Ability to use data to tell a story
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with various research methodologies (surveys, focus groups)
- Familiarity with statistical approaches (i.e. regression analysis, correlation)
- Strong reading, writing, and grammar skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
This ten week program will run from Monday, June 11th - Friday, August 10th 2018