As one of the top employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle and continuous learning and development.
Our team & you
To continue and change the lives of our 55 million customers. We’re a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
· Within 30 days you will:
· Walk through and understand Jazz external audits and statutory reporting process.
· Coordinate with Shared Service Centre (SSC) team and understand the split of responsibilities between SSC and Jazz.
· Engage in monthly closing process and actively coordinate with the teams.
· Within 60 days, you will:
· Monitor SSC SLAs related to external audits and statutory reporting and take proactive measures to handle issues.
· Start independently handling the ongoing audits/certifications.
· Prepare a detailed step plan for achieving the desired deadlines.
· Within 90 days to onwards you will:
For all legal entities:
• Manage year end external audits
· Manage quarterly reviews
· Manage certifications required by regulatory bodies, such as PTA, SECP, PEMRA etc.
· Manage SBP related certifications
· Maintain healthy working relationship with all key stakeholders, including external auditors, SSC team, legal team etc.
· Proactively handle accounting issues to ensure smooth audit exercise
· What we have done and what we will do with YOU
In the last one-year Jazz is a huge success story in terms of business transformation, we were market leaders and we still are market leaders but with huge margins specially after successful merger of Jazz and Warid.
· A bit about you:
We are looking for someone who has strong business acumen, strong analytical skills, highly self-driven. The ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. He/she must have ability to meet stringent timelines, and should possess expertise of IFRS.
· A bit about us
Jazz Corporate Accounting & Controls (CAC) department is one of the pivotal functional areas within Jazz Finance. We are responsible for end to end accounting function, from the booking of transactions in GL to the reporting of intelligent analysis to our key decision makers. We also look after statutory, external and group reporting. In addition to this, we are responsible for design and implementation of controls across finance, which enable us to ensure that together as a Finance function we are communicating the right numbers, at the right time, to the right people, in the right place.
The structure of the team you will join is:
A six (06) member’s team, all directly reporting to Head of CAC, with no sub teams.
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· Maintain and deliver world class corporate accounting function able to cater to the needs of our business.
· Ensure relevant controls are implemented and monitored across the Finance function.
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with functional/regional/ within the team.
Within finance, you will work with taxation, treasury, financial planning & analysis and finance transformation teams. These functions will be spread across Jazz and SSC. Organization wide, you will work with commercial, technology, HR, legal and corporate & regulatory affairs.
What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?
Successful and accurate management of the external audits and statutory reporting function.
The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.
· Towers carve out project execution.
· IFRS 15 and IFRS 9 implementation.
The three (03) must have past experiences the best candidate should have.
· Project management
The two (02) must have technologies the candidate should have.T
· Microsoft Office
Essential skills must have:
· Strong business acumen
· Strong analytical skills
· Highly self-driven
· Excellent interpersonal, communication & presentation skills
· Ability to meet stringent timelines
· Expertise of IFRS, US GAAP
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.