The Retail Lead Accountant is responsible for complete analysis of Reconciliations between SAP and ISP, to ensure all 3rd parties are correctly Invoiced in the correct Accounting periods and monitors the Utility Accruals, stock processes and raising Finance Purchase Orders and supporting the Retail Accounting Manager. The post holder will liaise with the UK Retail Support team who support inbound and outbound customer contacts and stock reconciliation.
Given the nature of GBS Operations for UK CoCo Accounting, the job holder is expected to be flexible and able to adapt to an environment which is continually developing and changing. In these circumstances, the successful candidate will need to have a willingness to provide day-to-day “hands on” support in any number of areas, including all accounting activities, until the expected level of proficiency is achieved.
The job holder will be responsible for:
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet Accounts.
- Liaise between GBS and ISP Support, to ensure all items that have come across from SAP have gone into ISP to be invoiced to 3rd parties.
- Franchise and Wild Bean Cafe
- Raise manual Invoices as required with the Correct Accounting Codes
- Support the Accounting manager with any initiatives that are raised from the business when Accounting guidelines are required.
- Assist the Retail business with Query handling
- Raise documentation for manual journal entries.
- Participate in regular reviews of Accounting Policy to reflect any changes that need to be implemented.
- Logging / scanning and banking cheques for BP Oil and BP Express
- VAT Reports
- Adhering with the tasks outlined in the EMS/QMS Systems of EBSC
- Understanding procedures and processes for the relevant Businesses, as well as the internal BSC processes
- Proactively develop the skills, competencies and knowledge of O2C CoCo team members to ensure that members achieve their full potential
- Provide first level escalation for any issues raised by the CoCo team
- Ensure all processes are compliant with current ISO 9000 accreditation & assist in preparation for future accreditation
- Ensure processes are embedded & adhered to consistently throughout the team
- Ensure team process and procedure documentations are maintained and fit for purpose
- Develop, achieve and monitor Process Performance Indicators aligned to the Service Level Agreements
- Ensure adherence and completion of the O2C scorecard metrics
- Work closely with other team leaders within the BSC to ensure that overall operational objectives are met, ideas shared and lessons learnt
- Work across country within SPU to share best practices and standardize processes
- Develop and maintain sound working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels within the organisation, customers and external service providers
- Develop, control and improve processes and procedures to ”Best in Class” standards
- Ensure that all activities are compliant with the BSC’s HSSE requirements
- Monitor and assure compliance to SOX and BP Business Controls
- Relevant degree and 5 to 6 year experience in related Finance and retail area
- Advanced level of English (C1)
Essential experience and job requirements
- Relevant retail accounting knowledge. Able to demonstrate awareness of business needs; ability to provide quality customer service; ability to problem solve customer issues
- Proven Experience in Retail Accounting or similar service orientated environments
- Strong and proven relationship management skills.
- Strong and Decisive decision making skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Experience in a global multi-national environment desirable
- Incumbent must have the following (minimum) abilities:
- Able to meet tight deadlines for both internal and external customers
- Able to consistently review and adapt approach and style to meet ever changing requirements
- Able to manage conflicting work issues and deadlines using team structure and by negotiating timeframes on work in order to ensure deliverable deadlines are met.
- Able to build contingency plans into daily work to deal with unforeseen circumstances in order to minimise potential problems
- Able to actively promote a positive team environment and build networks effectively to enhance and share knowledge
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Minimum of 36 months previous experience in a service or comparable industry.
- Experience in complex and system orientated environments
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of customers’ needs / behaviours
- Highly motivated and ambitious to deliver value to end customers and business both operationally and financially
- A reasonable level of Strategic thinking and how to convert into tangible operating actions is desirable
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.Global Business Services (GBS) is BP’s shared services organisation. GBS add value by standardising and modernising business activities, whilst maintaining a robust control environment and driving operational excellence. There are five GBS Centres globally, situated in Europe, Africa, Asia, America and ANZ and Central Teams across all locations as well as the UK and Houston. We have been continuing to develop our European Service Centre in Budapest, Hungary since 2009 and now we are extending our presence in Szeged as well. We aim to bring dynamism to the country and opportunities to all our current and future employees. Due to upcoming corporate transitions and our progressively growing competence over multifaceted business processes, our European service centre is persistently broadening its range of prominent career opportunities in both cities. We offer more and more B2B roles for career planners as well as increasingly complex, high-level, senior positions to seasoned experts. We are seeking individuals who share our values and are ready to make our business and culture stronger. Our key aim is to keep building on the successes we’ve seen over recent years, driving through the many and varied projects we’re working on that demonstrate continuous improvement. We strive to inspire our employees by creating an enjoyable, challenging work environment whilst simultaneously providing balance in private and work life, advancement through compensation, fun at work and shared devotion in volunteering and charity activities.All roles in BP Global Business Services offer some form of agile working to enable you to integrate your work and personal commitments. Talk to us about what agile working could look like for you.
Corporate & Functions