As a Network Engineer, you will directly interact with customers and other functional groups within A10 Networks to troubleshoot, identify and resolve product, configuration or network related issues. You will capture and document details and events in the CRM application and participate in the bug verification process before a software patch code is released to the customers. Delivering excellent customer service is a high priority in this role.
- Technical support for customer issues via phone calls, email, or ticketing system.
- Troubleshoot issues, execute a course of action, test the issue and update to the customer with the results.
- Recreation of issues in lab, bug reports and defect verification.
- Communication internally with developers, QA and field engineers.
- Respond to customers in a professional, courteous and timely manner.
- Fluent written and spoken English skills, with the ability to use English to communicate with worldwide customers.
- Understanding TCP/IP protocols in depth, familiar with protocols of VLAN, Routing and Forwarding, TCP, UDP, SSL, HTTP, DNS and etc.
- Strong networking problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- 5+ years of experience working in a TAC or QA Engineer role.
- Bachelor degree or above in Computer Science or an Engineering discipline.
- Network Certification such as CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, or equivalent.
- Experience in debugging and troubleshooting network appliance in a complex, fast-moving environment.
- Experience configuring network devices such as switches, routers, firewalls, VPN gateways etc.
- Scripting language skills such as TCL, Perl, Python, or Shell.
- Familiarity with Linux environment and testing tools for network devices.