Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
Avery Dennison is seeking a Senior Marketing Communications Specialist to join the Label and Graphic Materials Marketing organization. The Senior Marketing Communications Specialist will partner with marketing, sales management and other key business unit stakeholders. The successful candidate will plan, execute, monitor and evaluate marketing communications programs and campaigns using an appropriate combination of internal and external resources to support overall business objectives.
The ideal candidate will have experience with B2B marketing and building strategy/tactics from market research. They will have demonstrated the ability to transform an annual business strategy for a large segment of a business into a marketing and communication strategy. They will have a very in-depth experience of executing product launches, campaigns and marketing tactics to support their plan, as well as measuring and analyzing success. They will have a proven track record of relationship-building with agencies, as well as leadership of teams, projects and/or people. They will also have a degree in communications, marketing, public relations, advertising or journalism.
• Develop and support the creation and implementation of external communications strategies and initiatives to deliver a cohesive marketing communications program.
• Work with all regional marketing, sales and technical teams to develop and communicate the value proposition and strategy towards the external customer and within Avery Dennison.
• Proactively drive the creation, execution and evaluation of marketing communications campaigns.
• Work closely with internal and external resources to maximize creativity, productivity and cost efficiencies.
• Involved in creating external communication tools. Champion correct usage of graphics standards, brand and corporate guidelines.
• Write, edit and work cooperatively with other contributors to provide information content on external
• Proofread and edit print and other forms of marketing communications materials, such as electronic.
• Review work submitted by outside agencies/contractors to ensure accuracy, proper layout and copy adhering to brand guidelines.
• Coordinate and support special projects such as key customer events and tradeshows.
• Coordinate and manage the logistics of trade shows and promotional events designed to increase sales and provide publicity for the organization, its products and services.
• Support the division website; including updating information and digital assets. Assist in the development of new media strategies.
• Support the strategy, development and execution of all digital marketing initiatives including email marketing, automation programs and mobile marketing content management system.
• Drive best practices and consistent processes as member of Avery Dennison Communications team.
• Able to meet deadlines and establish clear priorities quickly – works effectively under pressure and able to handle a heavy workload.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferably in Advertising, Branding, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
• 6+ years related experience.
• Have the ability to work independently with guidance in only the most complex situations.
• Has the ability to oversee the completion of projects including planning; assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work; evaluating results, etc.
• Skilled in presentation creation.
• Skilled in developing clear, succinct articulation of communications objectives in the form of project briefs.
• Strong editing, proofreading skills.
• Creativity skills – including creative and art direction.
• Possesses teamwork, leadership and facilitation skills in order to cut across many diverse functional disciplines and regional cultures.
• Strong presentation skills and persuasiveness.
• Strong organizational and event planning skills.
• Understanding of applicable computer systems and function specific software.
• Must be proficient in Google, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel.
• Strong affinity in digital communications, digital customer experiences and knowledgeable in digital marketing technology and programs such as Act-On or other. Adobe CQ web platform a plus
Avery Dennison is a great place to work for everyone. We offer :
- Workplace Flexibility
- Structured learning and development
- Mentoring program
- Competitive total rewards
We look forward to receiving your application
Avery Dennison is an equal opportunity employer and committed to increasing its diversity.