This site is for internal employees only. If you are a contractor, and reside outside of Germany, please access our Careers section on www.cargill.com for our externally posted positions.
The Cargill Starches, Sweeteners & Texturizers (CSST) business develops and commercializes sustainable ingredients made from renewable and nature-derived sources. We have about 10,000 employees in 40 countries who are committed to deliver our food, feed and bio-industrial customers with high-quality products and make them thrive.
We combine our core capabilities — market insight & innovation, sustainable supply chains, trading & risk management and manufacturing expertise – with our extensive ingredient portfolio of starches, sweeteners, lecithins, vegetable proteins, seaweeds & fruit extracts and health promoting ingredients, to deliver our customers in all parts of the world with unique ingredients and solutions.
Position Purpose & Summary
The Marketing Leader (Director) is responsible for all business-to-business marketing activities across the Starches Sweeteners North America (SSNA) and Cargill Texturizers & Specialties (CTS) Amcas region (North & South America), together known as CSS&T (Cargill Starches, Sweeteners & Texturizers). Responsibilities include providing leadership, strategy, and execution for both businesses in areas of: demand creation, awareness building, customer intimacy, strategic planning, insight and analytics, and talent management. The Marketing Leader (Director) oversees a team of professionals in disciplines including marketing communications, business development, market intelligence, customer activation, and sustainability.
Responsibilities to include leading marketing activities and providing commercial input on regional and at times global business projects, contributing to global strategy work and advising on key initiatives ensuring consistencies across regions (customer segmentation, marketing communications, product line & customer analysis and insight, etc.).
The Marketing Leader (Director) is viewed as an expert in the marketing field and serves as a key contributor & developer to the business strategy. She/He serves as a knowledge spokesperson to demonstrate thought leadership on behalf of the organization on business objectives (short and long term strategy), business capabilities, and other highly significant business issues. She/He is a marketing leader in the Food Ingredients & Bio-Industrial enterprise, serves as a member of the Marketing Leadership Team, and sits on the regional leadership teams of both businesses. The Marketing Leader (Director) participates in the Project Review Team to assess new product development and new growth initiatives (NPSS & NBD).
Marketing in CSST is performed in close collaboration with the broader commercial team, which consists of sales, tech service, product line management and strategic pricing and is designed to create an enhanced experience for our customers. Beyond the CSST businesses, the Marketing Leader is a key liaison with related marketing teams in other regions, different go-to-market organizations, and CSST strategic marketing functions. Achieving alignment and clarity across all of these teams is a primary responsibility for the Marketing Leader to ensure consistency and efficiency in deploying common practices.
The CSST Marketing Leader (Director) position is a complex role that is responsible for marketing efforts across a wide variety of industries, with products and services at various stages of their life cycle. This includes a mixture of growth & mature businesses, which requires delivering novel solutions to achieve the business strategic objectives. Developing and leading a team of highly engaged marketing professionals is critical to the success.
40% - Talent Management: Recruits, trains, and coaches marketing professionals. Set individual development and collective structure goals to maximize resource utilization.
15% - Strategy: Serve as a champion of the established business strategies, innovation processes & initiatives including NPSS, innovation pipeline opportunities, Product & Project Review Teams and Integrated Business Planning. Contribute to the development of the Segment and Product Line strategies across 16 distinct product lines. Responsible for executing the marketing vision and strategy for both businesses to achieve business objectives.
15% - Analysis: Provide strategy & execution by developing the marketing research and approach. Analyze markets, customers, competitors, & consumer trends and translate insights & knowledge into compelling vision and strategies that enhance sales’ and product lines’ abilities to deliver their commercial objectives.
10% - Customer Strategy & Experience: In collaboration with commercial functions (go-to-market, sales, technical, and product lines), recommend customer strategy & actions and oversees customer analysis for individual or groups of customers using Cargill marketing tools, (e.g. Segmentation, Buying Process, Customer Portraits, etc.). Collaborates with commercial leadership to develop objectives and growth strategies for new and existing markets, customers, and products. Deploy strategies with customers to enhance our customer experience.
20% - Planning, Implementation and Communication of Key Initiatives: Position & plan the breadth of organizational resources to achieve business objectives beyond product line boundaries (example: clean label, sugar reduction, etc.). Use leadership & management skills to ensure that all resources execute, effectively coordinate across businesses, functions & regions. Develop and execute the external communication & branding strategies to support the business & segment objectives.
If selected for an interview, you will be required to submit signed copies of your last two performance reviews. (A completed e-PMP is considered a signed copy.)
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 10 years of commercial/business experience with a focus on marketing
- Proven experience managing, building & developing highly engaged teams
- Proven ability to effectively influence senior leadership internally & externally
- Serves as a key knowledge spokesperson for the organization on business objectives (this fiscal year and long term
- strategy), business capabilities, and other highly significant business issues
- Viewed as an expert in the marketing field for the business
- Develops solutions to complex problems which require a high degree of creativity and innovation
- Strong critical thinker; demonstrated record of both strategic and analytic skills
- Proven ability to execute and get things done
- Proven communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated strong skills at interacting with, building relationships, and persuading customers
- Able to identify and understand customers' strategies and develop compelling value propositions
- Deep understanding of consumers-drivers/barriers, habits and practices
- Able to demonstrative high levels of proficiency across the Cargill Leadership Expectations
- Travel up to 25%, including international
- MBA; ideally with an emphasis on marketing
- Food Industry experience strongly preferred, especially in a branded CPG manufacturer
- Completion & submission from Cargill Marketing Academy or equivalent.
- Effective leading & coaching of others
- Knowledge of Cargill products & customers
- Training/facilitation experience
- Successfully influencing others & ability to work with cross functional teams
- Marketing; Strategy Development; Leadership; Influencing experience.
CSST Shared Resources
MKT_MGN_M_2 - MARKETING GENERALIST MANAGER II
Jan 29, 2018
In the country of posted position