Position at Lee Enterprises
Lee Enterprises is looking for a part-time Graphic Design Intern who will work to assist in the creation of marketing materials and campaigns for all of the Lee newspapers. You will work to concept executional elements of a campaign for all media. Be able to develop conceptual creative work, and handle all aspects of production including final file preparation. You will be working with markets to get approvals and implements changes with direction for manager.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
An opportunity for a paid, minimum-wage, internship to gain valuable experience and new skills in the field of marketing!
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Mastery with composition techniques in producing polished final pieces
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Effective organization and time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in high-pressure situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demeanor
- Highly skilled in the use of Adobe design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- HTML and digital creative a plus
- Proficient on the Internet; Adobe products and the use of MS Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple projects, as well as collaboratively working with leaders of other areas to achieve common goals
- Ability to think creatively and provide marketable solutions in concept, development, and production of communication materials
ABOUT LEE ENTERPRISES:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or studying in the marketing/graphic design field
- Solid understanding of branding, color theory and color relationships; typographic terms that identify type forms and the specifications required to refer to typographic settings, design theory; page composition and grid structures; print production process, knowledge of production techniques, photography and the photographic process
- Knowledge of email and social media creative and implementation techniques
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of local news and information, and a major platform for advertising, in its markets, with 46 daily newspapers and a joint interest in four others, rapidly growing digital products and nearly 300 specialty publications in 22 states. Lee's newspapers have circulation of 1.2 million daily and 1.4 million Sunday, reaching nearly four million readers in print alone. Lee's websites and mobile and tablet products attracted 23.2 million unique visitors in March 2013. Lee's markets include St. Louis, MO; Lincoln, NE; Madison, WI; Davenport, IA; Billings, MT; Bloomington, IL; and Tucson, AZ. Lee Common Stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol LEE. For more information about Lee, please visit www.lee.net. EOE